Central IL Readers' Advisory Librarians discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carey (new)

Carey (careygibbons) | 6 comments Mod
Hi everyone - I've finally created our Goodreads group! Please let me know if you want me to add or change anything. I figured here would be a good place to start by introducing ourselves and what we consider our specialty genres.

I'm Carey. I'm a reference assistant and YA coordinator at Fondulac District Library. I work at the reference desk, do all of the YA programming, and graphic novel and YA (all) collection development. I'm also almost halfway done with my MLIS. I read constantly, and would say my specialties are science fiction, fantasy, non-superhero graphic novels, and YA fiction. Right now, I'm reading The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) and loving her Cormoran Strike series even though it isn't my usual reading material at all.

message 2: by William (new)

William | 1 comments Hello Everyone! My name is Will. I am an Adult Services Librarian at Alpha Park Public Library. I do adult, teen, and family programming.

I also do collection development for graphic novels, playaways, and gen fiction. I graduated with my LIS from the U of I in 2016. My preferred genres include Marvel graphic novels, Fantasy YA, and history non-fiction.

I am currently reading Throne of Glass and doing a reread of A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn.

message 3: by Fremom3 (new)

Fremom3 | 2 comments Hi, everyone! I'm Erin. I am the Periodicals Librarian at Washington District Library. I also run the Adult Book Club and the Book Binge Summer Reading Challenge for Adults.

I read a little bit of everything, but my go-to genres are romance, mystery/thriller, and true crime. Not sure what that says about me, but, hey...it takes all kinds.

I have a pretty good track record of matching up people with books, dating WAY BACK to my time at the library at Metamora Township High School. We won't talk about how long ago that's been!

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Sansom | 2 comments Greetings to everybody. My name is Sherry. I am working the circulation desk at Lillie M Evans. I have been planning to work at a library since I could have a card at my hometown library. I obtained my LTA in 2008 and have been in book heaven since. My passion is to line up people with a book that they will really enjoy and having them come back for more. My favorite reads are Cozy Mystery, oh heck, any mystery, humorus and a bit of romance.