Book Chat discussion

Members > One incredible library and director!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie  (laugal) | 130 comments had to share this one.After the last few days of "hel_". I came home to a phone call from the Wilson LIbrary (part of our NIOGA system) .The caller asked if I was Laurie G and stated my address etc. I said yes and wondered why she is calling me. They are having their annual book sale and the Director of the library remembered that I wrote a letter in 2012 that if a particular book was discarded I would be interested in buying it! It is being discarded! The director remembered the book,my letter,had the letter! I am getting the book! It was absolutely incredible to me.This call made my entire day and reinforces my faith in humans! I had borrowed this book at that time and wanted to collect every book from the author and was not able to find it online.Niagara County may be one toxic hell hole but the libraries and librarians are the best!!!!!!! The book is "Herbs and Apples" by Helen Hooven Santmyer.

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 1105 comments Mod
How wonderful!

message 3: by Laurie (new)

Laurie  (laugal) | 130 comments I told my librarian at the library I use and she filled up with tears.Also told me that the director that knew of my letter is retiring June 1 and that this must be her swan song. I am very lucky and still cannot get over it.

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 1059 comments Mod
Laurie wrote: "I told my librarian at the library I use and she filled up with tears.Also told me that the director that knew of my letter is retiring June 1 and that this must be her swan song. I am very lucky a..."

That's wonderful.

When I was working, if I came across a book, cd, dvd that I knew a customer wanted... I'd hold it for them.

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Laurie  (laugal) | 130 comments Kimberly wrote: "Laurie wrote: "I told my librarian at the library I use and she filled up with tears.Also told me that the director that knew of my letter is retiring June 1 and that this must be her swan song. I ..."
Exceptional! How did you remember them all?????

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Laurie wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Laurie wrote: "I told my librarian at the library I use and she filled up with tears.Also told me that the director that knew of my letter is retiring June 1 and that this must be ..."

Once you know your favorite customers, then you begin to know what they like and you provide Readers' Advisory...

So when I saw something important, I'd just know & grab it!

message 7: by Laurie (new)

Laurie  (laugal) | 130 comments Thank you from the patron of a library, you are appreciated. This library didn't even know me, so that makes it even better!

I do think Librarians are under appreciated.

message 8: by Kimberly (last edited Jun 08, 2017 11:47AM) (new)

Laurie wrote: "Thank you from the patron of a library, you are appreciated. This library didn't even know me, so that makes it even better!

I do think Librarians are under appreciated."

Thank-you... It is the best thing to hear!

We will go out of our way for good patrons... everyone else can just go to the catalog!

message 9: by Laurie (new)

Laurie  (laugal) | 130 comments My librarians and I have a mutual like and respect!