Play Book Tag discussion

Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd (Flavia de Luce, #8)
This topic is about Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd
Archive: Other Books > Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd by Alan Bradley - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2054 comments Flavia de Luce, 12-year-old budding scientist/detective, has returned from a Canadian boarding school to her home in England. Her homecoming is overshadowed by the news that her father is quite ill with pneumonia and she will not be able to visit him at the hospital until he has improved. A call on the vicar's wife sends Flavia off on her trusted bicycle "Gladys" to deliver a message to a mysterious wood-carver. Finding his door unlocked, Flavia enters the house and finds the gentleman's body hanging upside down from a harness attached to his bedroom door. Although the sight of a dead body might frighten most young ladies, Flavia is intrigued and excited to have a new mystery to solve.

I found this book a bit confusing at times as there were so many characters to consider and so many of them were not who they said they were. Flavia is still fun, however, and once again the audio-book reader, Jayne Entwistle, brings Flavia charmingly to life.

Karin | 6889 comments I'm so glad you liked this book :). I thought this was one of the stronger ones lately.

message 3: by LibraryCin (last edited May 27, 2017 10:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

LibraryCin | 8037 comments This is the next in the series for me.