Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Mystery thriller/ 76 000 words.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan | 7 comments Doris Ellison, a woman running from a difficult past, arrives in the isolated village of Thompsonville. As she settles into her new life, she meets new friends. Martha de Villiers, the owner of The Oak’s Boarding house makes her feel at home. John O’Rilley III, who fetches her from the bus stop on the rainy night of her arrival, finds a way to melt the ring of ice around her heart. His parents, John II and Pat, accepts her into their lives.
She starts to teach at Oak Mountain Academy, where the principal, Patricia Silverstone rules with an iron fist. Conflict arises when Doris, bothered by the high degree of absenteeism amongst her students, visit parents and contacts Social Services. After warning her about her behaviour, the principal threatens to remove her from her post if she does not conform. Charles Raven, a student, dies just before Doris discovers a terrible secret about the children.
Doris buys a cabin in the woods despite the fact that the previous tenant disappeared and locals tell her rumours of witches and witchcraft. Being a modern woman, she puts the stories aside as old wives tales. Yet, soon she is in the midst of a crisis, as a witch forces her into making a decision that would keep her past buried, or expose her to the authorities.

WARNING: this novel has sexual and violent content. Not for sensitive readers.

If you are interested, please leave your e-mail. Only available in. doc format.

Thank you.

message 2: by Garfield (new)

Garfield Whyte (garfieldwhyte) what is the word count?

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 7 comments 76 000 words.

message 4: by Fabiola (new)

Fabiola (fmrolan) | 26 comments Hi Susan,
Would you be interested in doing a beta swap? I have a 77K supernatural thriller about 4 girls at a haunted lake.
Let me know if you're interested in trading.
Thanks,
Fama

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 7 comments Fama wrote: "Hi Susan,
Would you be interested in doing a beta swap? I have a 77K supernatural thriller about 4 girls at a haunted lake.
Let me know if you're interested in trading.
Thanks,
Fama"

YES! grietabroxham@gmail.com.

message 6: by Fabiola (new)

Fabiola (fmrolan) | 26 comments Just sent it from my gmail account

message 7: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Wolf | 17 comments Are you still looking for someone? You can email it to me at jessie.wolf3@gmail.com