The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

186 views
SUMMER CHALLENGE 2017 > 15.8 - Sink Your Teeth Into This

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4347 comments Mod
15.8 - Sink Your Teeth Into This
Shark Week is an annual, week-long TV programming block featuring shark-based programming. Shark Week begins on July 23, 2017.
Read a book with teeth on the cover.
Jaws by Peter Benchley The Secret of Raven Point by Jennifer Vanderbes The Lost World (Jurassic Park, #2) by Michael Crichton Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper
Required: Include the cover.


message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4347 comments Mod
reserved


message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4347 comments Mod
reserved


message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4347 comments Mod
This help thread is open!


message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1314 comments Dare Me by Megan Abbott

Enough teeth?


message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Nicole wrote: "Dare Me by Megan Abbott

Enough teeth?"


Yes, those are teeth.


message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Kathy wrote: "Enough teeth?Relish My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen"


yes


message 9: by Shree (new)

Shree | 120 comments Deadmen Walking (Deadman's Cross, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Teeth on skull work?


message 10: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Shree wrote: "Deadmen Walking (Deadman's Cross, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Teeth on skull work?"


yes, teeth on a skull work


message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim | 626 comments Will either of these work?

The Alchemist's Daughter (Bianca Goddard Mysteries, #1) by Mary Lawrence (skull above the 'A' in Alchemist)

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo (teeth in the gargoyle on the left)

Thank you.


message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky Gust (knitgirl2006) Silly question -- how do you post a picture of the book cover?

Thanks in advance from a newbie to this group :D


message 13: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "Will either of these work?

The Alchemist's Daughter (Bianca Goddard Mysteries, #1) by Mary Lawrence (skull above the 'A' in Alchemist)

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo (teeth in the gargoyle on the left)

Than..."


I don't see any teeth in the skull- if you find a larger image please include it and I'll look again.

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo - there are teeth, ok


message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Becky wrote: "Silly question -- how do you post a picture of the book cover?

Thanks in advance from a newbie to this group :D"


add cover instructions


message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky Gust (knitgirl2006) Dlmrose wrote: "Becky wrote: "Silly question -- how do you post a picture of the book cover?

Thanks in advance from a newbie to this group :D"

add cover instructions"


Perfect! Thanks for your help! I'm still learning a lot. This is my first challenge (I just joined the group this month).


message 16: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3596 comments Can you see her teeth?
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin (I think I may listen to the audio)


message 17: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Book Concierge wrote: "Can you see her teeth?
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin (I think I may listen to the audio)"


yes


message 18: by Pia (new)

Pia | 1057 comments Lots of teeth on cover. Hope this works:


The Story of My Teeth by Valeria Luiselli

Thanks!


message 19: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Pia wrote: "Lots of teeth on cover. Hope this works:


The Story of My Teeth by Valeria Luiselli

Thanks!"


Those are teeth, ok.


message 20: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3596 comments By the way ... if anyone likes listening to audio books - I did this one for Spring:
One, Two, Buckle My Shoe (Hercule Poirot, #22) by Agatha Christie
It's an X-ray ... but it's pretty clear they are teeth.


message 21: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments Would this work?

Introducing Shakespeare A Graphic Guide by Nick Groom

I think you can see teeth in the skull. It's a bit clearer on the larger image on Amazon.


message 22: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Bryony wrote: "Would this work?

Introducing Shakespeare A Graphic Guide by Nick Groom

I think you can see teeth in the skull. It's a bit clearer on the larger image on Amazon."


Yes, there are teeth.


message 23: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments Thank you!


message 24: by Susan (new)

Susan Wojtas | 245 comments Will either of these be okay? You may have to enlarge the cover on Eldest to see the dragon's teeth at the bottom. Thank you

Under the Black Flag The Romance and the Reality of Life Among the Pirates by David Cordingly

or

Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2) by Christopher Paolini


message 25: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "Will either of these be okay? You may have to enlarge the cover on Eldest to see the dragon's teeth at the bottom. Thank you

[bookcover:Under the Black Flag: The Romance and the Reality of Life Am..."


Yes to both


message 26: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1668 comments Will any of these three be acceptable?

#1 Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1) by Nancy Radke

#2 Aria of the Sea by Dia Calhoun

#3  The Time-Traveling Fashionista at the Palace of Marie Antoinette  by Bianca Turetsky


message 27: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Wanda wrote: "Will any of these three be acceptable?

#1Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1) by Nancy Radke

#2Aria of the Sea by Dia Calhoun

#3.."


There are teeth on all three. You would need to check the scores for #3 since it has the genre Childrens


message 28: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1668 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Wanda wrote: "Will any of these three be acceptable?

#1Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1) by Nancy Radke

#2Aria of the Sea by Dia Calhoun

#3.."

There are teeth on all three. You would need to check the s..."


Thank you. I did check and it does have the appropriate levels.


message 29: by Diane (new)

Diane | 742 comments I think these pointy things are supposed to be teeth, but I need a second opinion:

Xala by Ousmane Sembène


message 30: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Diane wrote: "I think these pointy things are supposed to be teeth, but I need a second opinion:

Xala by Ousmane Sembène"


Yes, they look like teeth


message 31: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 737 comments Would this work? The Husband List by Cindy Kirk

Thanks


message 32: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Hina wrote: "Would this work? The Husband List by Cindy Kirk

Thanks"


Those are teeth.


message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (balletbookworm) | 945 comments Are the teeth on If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio visible enough? I can see them on my physical book jacket but the cover art here looks a little dark....thanks!


message 34: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "Are the teeth on If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio visible enough? I can see them on my physical book jacket but the cover art here looks a little dark....thanks!"

Yes


message 35: by Trish (last edited Jun 28, 2017 02:43AM) (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2433 comments I'm having difficulties finding anything for this task. So, on the offchance, does work for teeth? Or is her smile too stylised?
Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4) by Victoria Laurie

Or failing that, what about the grin on the beastie on this one:
The Accidental Alchemist by Gigi Pandian


message 36: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Trish wrote: "I'm having difficulties finding anything for this task. So, on the offchance, does work for teeth? Or is her smile too stylised?
Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4) by Victoria Laurie

Or failing that, what about the ..."


There are teeth on both covers.


message 37: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2433 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Trish wrote: "I'm having difficulties finding anything for this task. So, on the offchance, does work for teeth? Or is her smile too stylised?
Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4) by Victoria Laurie

Or failing that, w..."


Brilliant. Thank you.


message 38: by Lagullande (new)

Lagullande | 399 comments One big tooth?
To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris


message 39: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Lagullande wrote: "One big tooth?
To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris"


One tooth works


message 40: by Lagullande (new)

Lagullande | 399 comments Dlmrose wrote: "One tooth works"

Thank you


message 41: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandra72) | 726 comments Just to double check if this works?

Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton


message 42: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Sandra wrote: "Just to double check if this works?

Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton"


Yes, that works.


message 43: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2433 comments This should be okay, shouldn't it? The dragon has some lovely teeth.
Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #14) by Nancy Atherton


message 44: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Trish wrote: "This should be okay, shouldn't it? The dragon has some lovely teeth.
Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #14) by Nancy Atherton"


Yes, lovely teeth


message 45: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2433 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Trish wrote: "This should be okay, shouldn't it? The dragon has some lovely teeth.
Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #14) by Nancy Atherton"

Yes, lovely teeth"


:-)


message 46: by Kelli (last edited Aug 31, 2017 10:46AM) (new)

Kelli (kk00) will this work for this one? Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris

Thanks!! :)


message 47: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17397 comments Mod
Kelli wrote: "will this work for this one?Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris

Thanks!! :)"


Yes, there are teeth there.


back to top