SUMMER CHALLENGE 2017 > 15.3 - Common Good

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
15.3 - Common Good
Choose an option.
Required: Indicate the option.

Option 1: Read one Book 1 AND one Book 2.

Book 1: Read a book written by an author whose FIRST name as it appears on Goodreads begins with a letter that appears on this list of the most common initial letters in first names in English: J, M, R, A, D, C.
Authors who use an initial in the first name place DO work. One qualifying author in a work with multiple contributors works.
AND
Book 2: Read a book written by an author whose LAST name as it appears on Goodreads begins with a letter that appears on this list of the most common initial letters in last names in English: R, M, W, B, C, S.
A last name is a name in the final name place preceded by a space. One qualifying author in a work with multiple contributors works.

Option 2: Read ONE book that fulfills both Book 1 and Book 2 requirements.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This help thread is open!

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky Gust (knitgirl2006) I am wondering if Heidi by Johanna Spyri would qualify for Option 2?

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17593 comments Mod
Becky wrote: "I am wondering if Heidi by Johanna Spyri would qualify for Option 2?"

The initials work. It has the genre childrens so you would need to check AR (Accelerated Reader) Bookfinder and include the scores when you post.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky Gust (knitgirl2006) Dlmrose wrote: "Becky wrote: "I am wondering if Heidi by Johanna Spyri would qualify for Option 2?"

The initials work. It has the genre childrens so you would need to check AR (Accelerated R..."

Perfect! I just check AR Bookfinder and everything looks good. I will include the scores when I post -- thanks for the help!

message 8: by Ruthbie (last edited Jun 02, 2017 08:51AM) (new)

Ruthbie | 20 comments Would C.J. Sansom be a qualifying author for Option 2?

message 9: by Dlmrose (new)

Ruthbie wrote: "Would C.J. Sansom be a qualifying author for Option 2?"

Yes

message 10: by Trish (last edited Jun 02, 2017 10:27AM) (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2495 comments Can I use the name of an an author for this task if it's a pen name for two people? (Otherwise, I might end up using it for my own task!)

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

Trish wrote: "Can I use the name of an an author for this task if it's a pen name for two people? (Otherwise, I might end up using it for my own task!)"

We go by the name on the Goodreads book record. If the name is listed and it fits the task it would work.

message 12: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2495 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Trish wrote: "Can I use the name of an an author for this task if it's a pen name for two people? (Otherwise, I might end up using it for my own task!)"

We go by the name on the Goodreads book rec..."

Cheers.

message 13: by Bouchra (new)

Bouchra Rebiai (bouchrarebiai) | 93 comments I have a book that has two authors, one author qualifies for the first name requirement and the other qualifies for the last name requirement.

Would it qualify for the one book option?

message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

Bouchra wrote: "I have a book that has two authors, one author qualifies for the first name requirement and the other qualifies for the last name requirement.

Would it qualify for the one book option?"

Yes, that would work for the one book option. Please include both authors when you post.

message 15: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Johnson | 268 comments Would The Kissing Booth Girl and Other Stories by A.C. Wise work for option 2?

It's fine if not, I always have Agatha Christie patiently waiting for me, but I just realised that it could possibly fit and fell out of my chair with (possibly premature) excitement!

message 16: by Dlmrose (new)

Siobhan wrote: "Would The Kissing Booth Girl and Other Stories by A.C. Wise work for option 2?

It's fine if not, I always have Agatha Christie patiently waiting for me, but I just realised that i..."

Yes, that would work.

message 17: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Johnson | 268 comments Thank you! :D

message 18: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Does J.K.Rowling work as a book covering both option 1 and option 2 (first initial J last name initial R)?

message 19: by Dlmrose (new)

Kelli wrote: "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Does J.K.Rowling work as a book covering both option 1 and option 2 (first initial J last name initial R)?"

yes