Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Lorraine Heath
This topic is about Lorraine Heath
2017 Challenges Archive > FAC: Lorraine Heath (June 2017)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7161 comments June - Lorraine Heath

Lorraine Heath is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling American author of contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance and young adult novels under multiple pen names, including Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and collaborating with her son as J.A. London.

Heath was born in Watford, Hertfordshire, England, the daughter of an American father and a British mother. Her parents met while her father was stationed at Bovingdon while serving in the air force. Shortly after Heath's birth, her family moved to Texas where she grew up. She earned a BA in psychology from the University of Texas and lived in Austin, Texas for sixteen years before moving to Plano, Texas in 1987.

She wrote training manuals and computer code for the IRS before she turned to fiction writing after reading LaVyrle Spencer’s Morning Glory, which hooked her not only on Spencer's work, but convinced her that she wanted to write romance. In 1993, she sold her first novel, Sweet Lullaby. Since then, she's authored over sixty novels, including historical and contemporary romance for adults and historical romance for teen readers. Under the names Rachel Hawthorne and Jade Parker, she writes popular contemporary, historical, and paranormal romance for teen readers. She also writes young adult novels with her son Alex under the name J.A. London.

Heath and her books have won multiple awards, including the 1996 Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the category of Americana Historical Romance, the 1997 Romance Writers of America RITA Award for Best Short Historical Romance for Always to Remember, and several Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Awards.

She currently resides in Plano with her husband and two sons.

Lorraine Heath's GR pages can be found here: Lorraine Heath, Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and J.A. London

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Lorraine Heath.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of June.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7161 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7161 comments **

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20352 comments I'm in, I've only read three of her books but I loved them! So, I'm an A and I plan to read (listen to) In Bed with the Devil next month.

message 5: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited May 21, 2017 11:06AM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 7161 comments MountainKat wrote: "I'm in, I've only read three of her books but I loved them! So, I'm an A and I plan to read (listen to) In Bed with the Devil next month."

What Kat said...exactly! And yes, it was the same 3 books. =P

message 6: by Saint Monique (new)

Saint Monique I' ve read first three books in Scoundrels of St James series and I think I'm type B (I liked the books but she is not my favorite author of historical romance, so that's probably not enough for A).
I'm deciding between Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel (#4 in Scoundrels of St James) and starting new series with Passions of a Wicked Earl...
Can I tell later which book I will choose?

message 7: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1647 comments I'm a C here but I think this time I'm going to go with one of the other pseudonym this time and try Darkness Before Dawn.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) I like her books, although not my favourite historical romance writer you know you will get at least a decent 3.5-4 star read with Lorraine.
I've read about 10 of her books, so I guess that makes me an A.

I'll be reading her latest release... An Affair with a Notorious Heiress (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #4) by Lorraine Heath

message 9: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments I'm a C, totally new to this author. I think I will try one of her YA titles, written as Rachel Hawthorne.
Love on the Lifts by Rachel Hawthorne Love on the Lifts

message 10: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7161 comments Monique wrote: "I' ve read first three books in Scoundrels of St James series and I think I'm type B (I liked the books but she is not my favorite author of historical romance, so that's probably not enough for A)..."

Hi Monique! Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. You're more than welcome to wait to decide what you're going to read, or change your mind at any time. I've been known to do it more than once! =)

message 11: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 4413 comments I'm a 'A' for most of her books, and a 'B+' for others…

I'll be reading The Earl Takes All

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments I started out as a C, totally new to Lorraine Heath. I was originally going to read one of her YA titles, but a novella became available on Overdrive so I downloaded and read that.

I finished Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5) by Lorraine Heath . This was a short story about second chances. It was sweet and I liked both the H and h. I wish it had been just a little longer and more developed, but I still enjoyed it. I don't read much Regency Historical any longer, so I'm not sure I will get to the rest of the series any time soon, but I would be interested in reading her other genres.

I end up a 'B' :)

message 13: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20352 comments Fran, the books I read by her and loved were historicals set in Texas. The trilogy starts with Texas Destiny. Still historical, but not regency.

message 14: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 4413 comments I finished The Earl Takes All and loved the pathos and the uncovering of the true nature of Edward.

I started as an A- and end as an A

message 15: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11053 comments MountainKat wrote: "Fran, the books I read by her and loved were historicals set in Texas. The trilogy starts with Texas Destiny. Still historical, but not regency."

Thanks Kat, I will check them out :)

message 16: by Saint Monique (new)

Saint Monique Unfortunately, I couldn't get any of books I wanted to read in library :( Romances are always hard to get because they are borrowed all the time :P
But I made sure that I've already reserved one of Jennifer Ashley's books for July challenge :D

message 17: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20352 comments I finished In Bed with the Devil on Thursday - just barely got it done in the month! I really enjoyed it and want to continue the series. I started and A and I finish an A. =)

message 18: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1647 comments Shelby wrote: "I'm a C here but I think this time I'm going to go with one of the other pseudonym this time and try Darkness Before Dawn."

I started as a C and I think I'll finish as a B. I liked this story but it doesn't fall among my favorite Young Adult novels. Darkness Before Dawn ★★★½