What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fairy tale world...Young princess escapes evil stepmother Hero is the Sun king. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (last edited May 20, 2017 02:38PM) (new)

Sophia | 20 comments I can't remember the title or author, but I know the story.
The heroine is very young when her father gets remarried. Her stepmother murders her father and the princess escapes with the help of a servant. She is told to find a little band of men in the forest. It turns out the band of men are girls and women who are hiding and the hunt and trap, and learn how to live without other people. Except when they go to trade their stuff. The heroine stays there for years so everyone thinks she is dead. The stepmother now queen spread some rumors I think about her dying in childbed or something. The heroine decides to go see the other kingdom where the hero is. She gets caught at the border and she is brought in and accused of being one of her stepmothers spy's. She escapes easily and taunts the king. The king likes her. The heroine is really good at climbing. Also the hero reminds her of a lion.
If someone could help me find the title that would be amazing. I have been in the mood to reread this book again. 😊

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35107 comments Mod
The Fire King by Amber Jaeger seems to match your description.

Sophia, around what year did you read this book?

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 20 comments That is the one! Thank you! I think I read it last year. I reread books a lot, and often. Haha! It always bothers me when I remember bits and pieces but not a title, so then I have to find it and read it again. So thank you again!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35107 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Sophia. I got lucky with a Google search:

site:www.goodreads.com "fantasy" "her stepmother" killed "her father" escapes forest

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Fire King (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amber Jaeger (other topics)