Perustopia Book Club discussion

BOOK CRISIS

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Love | 50 comments so i don't know if this happens to anyone else but i don't know if i like reading anymore. i used to be OBSESSED but now i'm thinking it was just a phase. i'm kind of worried:( any advice?

message 2: by Swati (new)

Swati | 95 comments Me too D:

message 3: by Angel (new)

Angel Gavrikova | 97 comments Sarah wrote: "so i don't know if this happens to anyone else but i don't know if i like reading anymore. i used to be OBSESSED but now i'm thinking it was just a phase. i'm kind of worried:( any advice?"

SARAH J MAAS BOOKS, THEY WILL GET YOU IN TO READING THEY'RE GOOD. But make some schedules and free time for yourself to read, most people stop reading because they're too busy, read a book that you have been anticipating, anything to help.

BellasBookshelves | 124 comments Don't force yourself to read if you don't want to you'll only be forcing yourself into something you won't want to do.

1. You could try to do something else such as watching tv, drawing, going outside, or being active. Something that will get your mind off the pressure of reading.
2. Read a simple, fluffy, and short book so that your not completely overwhelmed by a storyline or getting through a long book.
3. Understand what you personally want from your reading experience and the books you want to read and search for books that you want to read and not books that you feel as though you have to read because everyone else does.

message 5: by Angélica (new)

Angélica | 32 comments Do not worry, calm down.
Maybe it is just a book slump. I'm currently in one and it make you feel a little uninterested in books. Just start doing something else.
Write a little, watch series and, when you are ready, start searching for books here in goodreads.
Read the synopsis, the reviews and if something attracts you, try to read it.

Books_and_Burritos (shadowh09) | 51 comments Don't force yourself to read, because you might be reading an amazing book and be bored or it might ruin the experience because of this. You might just be in a really big reading slump, even though I just said not to force yourself to read, here are the books that got me out of these kind of problems:
-Sarah J Maas series's
-Forbidden Tabitha Suzuma (very taboo and takes many dark turns...)
-some of the shadowhunters books
or choose a book that's isn't too long or a book you have read previously and really liked.