Perustopia Book Club discussion

Harry Potter

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin | 16 comments Okay so I'll admit it.. I've never read Harry Potter. I want to very badly, but I just can't get myself to commit to reading them because of the length and how many there are! I've just recently started listening to audiobooks while running and in the car so I figured maybe I could listen to them instead of reading. I guess my question is do you think Harry Potter needs to be read or will I still get the same experience through the audiobooks?

Nilun (BooktasticNerd)  (booktasticnerd) | 191 comments I think the audiobooks for the Harry Potter series are fantastic. Jim Dale is a great narrator for it. In my personal opinion I don't think it takes away from the experience at all. In fact I think audiobooks are a great way to get immersed in a world and bring the characters to life in a different way than reading the series does. But once you fall in love with this world it'll be one you return to over and over again and it does deserve to be read as well, not just listened to. And with the release of the illustrated editions, perhaps you will read them one day. Hope this was helpful