Bookish Kingdom discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Of The Month Readalong > BOTM June 2017 suggestions

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ayla (last edited Jun 18, 2017 07:37AM) (new)

Ayla (goodreadscomayla) | 655 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

Here you can suggest a book you'd like to read for the BOTM readalong (+ discussion) of June :)

- The theme for this month will be "LGBTQ+". The book you suggest has to be a book that contains at least one LGBTQ+ (main) character :)
- You can suggest one book.
- The book can be the first book of a series or a standalone.
- This thread will close the 26th of May, so you have still 6 days to vote on the poll.
- A poll will be created the 26th of May, including 6 of your suggested books with the most recommendations and the highest average ratings on GoodReads.
- The poll will close the 31th of May and the BOTM June will be announced :)

Books suggested until now:

Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy _ Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli _ The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli _ Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz _ Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard _ If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo _ Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes _ It's Not Like It's a Secret by Misa Sugiura _ City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare _ Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters _ Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera

You can also recommend one of these books (in case you aren't the one who requested it). This will increase its chances to end up in the poll, which will include 6 books :)

message 2: by Ayla (new)

My suggestion would be:

Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

message 3: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 768 comments Mod
Simon Vs. The Homo-Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

message 4: by Ayla (new)

Ilsen wrote: "Simon Vs. The Homo-Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli"

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

message 5: by Ilsen (new)

Wait I have more

Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alice Saenz
Girl Mans Up by M.E. Girard

I think that's all I can think of

message 6: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 192 comments Mod
If I was your girl it's a beautiful book!

message 7: by Ilsen (new)

Oh and I just found this one

Girl Against The Universe by Paula Stokes

message 8: by Ilsen (new)

It's Not Like It's A Secret by Misa Suguira

message 9: by Ayla (new)

Cordelianne wrote: "If I was your girl it's a beautiful book!"

Ohh yess, I really want to read that <3

message 10: by Ayla (new)

Ilsen wrote: "It's Not Like It's A Secret by Misa Suguira"

Thanks for all your suggestions! Haven't heard of the last two yet :)

Each person can suggest one book, but since there haven't been many other suggestions, I'll add your five books to the list :)

message 11: by Erica (last edited May 20, 2017 07:00PM) (new)

Erica I'm going to assume that the main focus of the series would be LGBTQ+, or a romance with LGBTQ+. I've read a couple books that have gay couples, but only as a side romance, and I don't think I've read any books with a main focus of LGBTQ+. Sorry!!

But the series with the most present LGBTQ+ couple would be The Mortal Instruments (City of Bones is first, but I can't remember how present it is in this one)

message 12: by Ayla (new)

Erica wrote: "I'm going to assume that the main focus of the series would be LGBTQ+, or a romance with LGBTQ+. I've read a couple books that have gay couples, but only as a side romance, and I don't think I've r..."

Hi Erica!
The BOTM is actually a readalong and at the end of the month there will be a discussion. This is also the best time for people to join in who don't want to participate in the readalong, but are interested in discussing the book.
This is why you can suggest a book (in this case a LGBTQ+ book) that's on your tbr. So the LGBTQ+ book you're most excited to read!
Of course you can suggest a book you've already read and want to reread, but it's no problem if it's a LGBTQ+ book you haven't read yet!

message 13: by Erica (last edited May 21, 2017 08:39AM) (new)

Erica Ayla wrote: "Erica wrote: "I'm going to assume that the main focus of the series would be LGBTQ+, or a romance with LGBTQ+. I've read a couple books that have gay couples, but only as a side romance, and I don'..."

Yeah, sorry if my wording is really weird. I meant that I didn't really have any suggestions because of that reason. :) I'm not really familiar with any LGBTQ+ books besides ones that have a gay couple as a side romance. (I get what the BOTM is, my wording was just really really weird, sorry)

message 14: by Regsly (new)

Regsly | 948 comments Mod
My suggestion is Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters

I've really been excited to read it!

message 15: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 2 comments My suggestion is Juliet Takes a Breath, by Gabby Rivera. I don't know how to add a picture on the app so.. :/

message 16: by Ayla (new)

Erica wrote: "Ayla wrote: "Erica wrote: "I'm going to assume that the main focus of the series would be LGBTQ+, or a romance with LGBTQ+. I've read a couple books that have gay couples, but only as a side romanc..."

That's okay! :)
From what I remember of City of Bones, the gay romance isn't really present yet. But I'll add it to the list anyway!

message 17: by Ayla (last edited May 25, 2017 01:22AM) (new)

Regsly wrote: "My suggestion is Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters

I've really been excited to read it!"

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll add it to the list :)

message 18: by Ayla (new)

Lucy wrote: "My suggestion is Juliet Takes a Breath, by Gabby Rivera. I don't know how to add a picture on the app so.. :/"

Thanks for the suggestion! I added it to the list :)
The app can be really annoying indeed...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.