Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Shout It Out! Self- Promotions > Kindle unlimited authors

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments If you're an author with a book/books in Kindle Unlimited, or you're a reader who is looking for a Kindle Unlimited read, Indies Unlimited is doing their monthly KU promotion

http://www.indiesunlimited.com/2017/0...

All you need to do is like and share the post and follow their rules for posting your book in the comments. They do this once a month; they also do the same thing for paperbacks once a month, and every Thursday you can promote free and 99c books.
I hope this helps at least a few people here.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Alas, the necessity to pass the iBooks test for erotica means that I'll probably never be Kindle Unlimited again if that means being exclusive to Amazon.

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "Alas, the necessity to pass the iBooks test for erotica means that I'll probably never be Kindle Unlimited again if that means being exclusive to Amazon."

I know what you mean, I can't be in Kindle Unlimited again because Amazon require exclusivity, which is very annoying, but I thought some people might not be aware of this opportunity and I should do my good deed for the week.

Are you on Kobo? If so how do you distribute because D2D is now part of the Kobo Plus beta program, which is basically the same as Kindle Unlimited without the exclusive requirement.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Is it? Yes I am on Kobo, via Smashwords. Smashwords also take care of Nook, iBooks and um, others, can't remember which ones. Although not all of them will have me because of the genre.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Inktera, Blio, Axis360, Scribd, Tolino, Odilo-most of these things mean nothing to me, but Smashwords has distributed my book to them all and I have received a sum total of no sales from any of that lot.

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "Is it? Yes I am on Kobo, via Smashwords. Smashwords also take care of Nook, iBooks and um, others, can't remember which ones. Although not all of them will have me because of the genre."

I'd deselect Kobo at least on Smashwords and put it through D2D so you can get into the Kobo Plus program, it might not make a difference, but you never know, and it doesn't cost anything.

message 7: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments I posted the information for two of my books, and then, the postings disappeared. Is this what's supposed to happen while they are being "modrated?" Or does it mean I did something incorrectly and they were dumped into a black hole?

message 8: by Amy (last edited May 19, 2017 08:28AM) (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments I'll have to look at the Kobo Plus program (wish there were more hours..)

message 9: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Well, I tried submitting the information again. If it doesn't "take," to Hell with the whole thing. I'm not a big fan of giving my books away free, anyway (and yes, I know, they give you something for people who read under the program, but that and 25 cents will get you in a pay toilet).

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Lol. For those reasons, I'm also not a fan of "free"

I was once overwhelmed by a royalty payment of...wait for it... 3p. THREE PENCE PEOPLE. You couldn't even take a whizz over here for that!

message 11: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Amy wrote: "Lol. For those reasons, I'm also not a fan of "free"

I was once overwhelmed by a royalty payment of...wait for it... 3p. THREE PENCE PEOPLE. You couldn't even take a whizz over here for that!"

Amy! Please watch your language. This is a family site. Bwahahaha

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments lol

message 13: by Raúl (new)

Raúl Gilo | 15 comments Alex wrote: "If you're an author with a book/books in Kindle Unlimited, or you're a reader who is looking for a Kindle Unlimited read, Indies Unlimited is doing their monthly KU promotion

http://www.indiesunli..."

thanks for the info, Alex! and... submitted now in Indies Unlimited in their KU promotion.

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Raúl wrote: "thanks for the info, Alex! and... submitted now in Indies Unlimited in their KU promotion"

You're welcome, happy to help.

message 15: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Wow! The dam burst...everything suddenty appeared:

http://www.indiesunlimited.com/2017/0...

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Ah well done.

message 17: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Amy wrote: "Ah well done."

Now, it's a matter of unsubscribing from the ton of e-mails you get as a result of posting something there. Unbelievable.

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Theodore wrote: "Well, I tried submitting the information again. If it doesn't "take," to Hell with the whole thing. I'm not a big fan of giving my books away free, anyway (and yes, I know, they give you something ..."

If you're in KU you're not giving your books away, you get approximately 0.5cents per page that is read, or $0.50 per 100 pages of your book. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it's better than you'll get if you sell a book priced at 99c and it's an additional source of income.
If you've already decided to be exclusive with Amazon then KU page reads can be a boost to your money and your ranking
I'm not keen on exclusivity, but there are people who make a reasonable income, or at least a boost to it, from KU page reads.

At the end of the day, everyone has to decide for themselves what they wish to do.

message 19: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Theodore wrote: "Wow! The dam burst...everything suddenty appeared:

http://www.indiesunlimited.com/2017/0..."

Glad you got it sorted.

message 20: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Well, I tried submitting the information again. If it doesn't "take," to Hell with the whole thing. I'm not a big fan of giving my books away free, anyway (and yes, I know, they gi..."

The best money I've made being exclusive with KU, hands down, is running 99-cent specials for a week combined with ENT Book Of The Day or other ENT listings. The last such sale sold 300 books in a seven-day period and yielded a Rank of 6 in Literary Fiction/Short Stories, for example (Rank of 10 in Literary Fiction/Action & Adventure).

message 21: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Wow! The dam burst...everything suddenty appeared:

http://www.indiesunlimited.com/2017/0..."..."

Thanks.

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Well, I tried submitting the information again. If it doesn't "take," to Hell with the whole thing. I'm not a big fan of giving my books away free, anyway (and yes, I know, they gi..."

3p I tell you!

message 23: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Amy wrote: "Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Well, I tried submitting the information again. If it doesn't "take," to Hell with the whole thing. I'm not a big fan of giving my books away free, anyway (and yes, I ..."

Take it to the bank! Four cents is nothing to sneeze at!

message 24: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Sneeze at? Couldn't even buy a corner of a tissue with that!

message 25: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Amy wrote: "Sneeze at? Couldn't even buy a corner of a tissue with that!"

LOL It probably cost the bank more to clear the check than that. Talk about stupidity.

message 26: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Thankfully it was a random online payment. But it did take me a while to figure out why Amazon had transferred 3p into my bank account. Smashwords does paypal. Very occasionally I see tiny amounts in my paypal account.

message 27: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Amy wrote: "Thankfully it was a random online payment. But it did take me a while to figure out why Amazon had transferred 3p into my bank account. Smashwords does paypal. Very occasionally I see tiny amounts ..."

I just looked at my Kindle Reports, and so far, the results has been a whopping zero! There was one author on the site who apparently posted everything he had written since the 1st grade. (;>)

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Which bit is a zero? There must be something, or do you mean the unlimited bit?

I have a pretty awesome story about robots that I wrote when I was 8, maybe I should put that up. It must have had at least 400 words in it. #FuturePrizeWinner

message 29: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Amy wrote: "Which bit is a zero? There must be something, or do you mean the unlimited bit?

I have a pretty awesome story about robots that I wrote when I was 8, maybe I should put that up. It must have had a..."

Robots are YUGE these days.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread