GOOD REVIEWS discussion

The Alliance (The Evox Chronicles #1)
This topic is about The Alliance
Self Publishing > Need feedback for published dystopian sci-fi adventure - review is optional

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited May 19, 2017 05:35AM) (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 10 comments Hi folks,

Here's the thing, I keep noticing that people start reading my book, which comes up on Author's Dashboard. Then, after a while, I see that they drop out, no reviews, no ratings, nothing. As I doubt it's a Goodreads glitch, the only thing I can think of is that maybe readers just get bored of it and quit. A side story in the book is linked to another side story in book 3, but it may be causing readers to wonder why on Earth I've written it. I don't know, but I'd like to find out. My book has been published, and as I'm in the process of sending it back to an editor, this is my chance to maybe remove some parts that are probably hindering the flow.

I'm looking for people willing to go through 436 pages of a dystopian sci-fi adventure and give me some honest feedback. You can review if you like, but first I could really do with some 1:1 emails with you, the readers, to see how I would tackle the edit. I'll be sending either mobi, epub or pdf to you. Whatever you prefer.

Inbox me if you're interested and we'll take it from there. Thanks for your time.

Chris

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie (reader99fl) | 5 comments I can't figure out how to private message. I'm interested in helping you discover why people start reading your book and don't finish.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 10 comments Hi Marie. Don't worry, I'll contact you.

Robin Goodfellow | 21 comments Hi Chris.
I enjoy reading about dystopian worlds. I'd be more than happy to review your book, and get back to you by approximately next Wednesday or Thursday. If you want, you can send me a copy of the book in pdf form at Robin_Goodfellow12@hotmail.com. In exchange, I'd like to do a review exchange with you with my dark short story, Masquerade, which has the same elements of the dystopian world. Please let me know if you're interested.

Robin

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Wright (author_chris_g_wright) | 10 comments Robin wrote: "Hi Chris.
I enjoy reading about dystopian worlds. I'd be more than happy to review your book, and get back to you by approximately next Wednesday or Thursday. If you want, you can send me a copy of..."

No problem, Robin. Sounds good. I'll get in touch.