Date A Book YA Book Club discussion

Six of Crows Read Along > Six of Crows Read Along Details

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Date A Book (last edited Jun 01, 2017 05:21PM) (new)

Date A Book (dateabook) | 87 comments Mod
Hey Readers!

Welcome to the DAB Six of Crows read along. Over the next four weeks we will be diving into the fabulous world created by Leigh Bardugo.

Six of Crows is broken up into 6 parts, so we've split them across the four weeks - but feel free to jump ahead if you're a fast reader, the Date A Book team is always up for a chat.

Week 1 (Start date: 13th June) - Parts 1 & 2
Week 2 (Start date: 20th June) - Part 3
Week 3 (Start date: 27th June) - Part 4
Week 4 (Start date: 4th July) - Parts 5 & 6

Open discussions and spoilers are welcome, but please be mindful of new readers and keep an eye on the section you're posting in. If you're worried use the spoiler tabs:
(view spoiler)

You can also join us on Twitter - @DateABook. Follow the hashtag #DABbookclub for updates.

Have fun and remember: no mourners, no funerals!

GIVEAWAY
Visit the Hachette Australia website and enter our giveaway for a chance to win 1 of 5 Six of Crows packs.

Code word: DREGS

To buy Leigh Bardugo's books or for more information, head to: http://bit.ly/LeighBardugo

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) (divabooknerd) | 25 comments Ooh, I haven't read Six of Crows yet (probably the last YA reader left on the planet who hasn't) and I'm totally stoked to join in!

message 3: by Date A Book (last edited Jun 01, 2017 05:21PM) (new)

Yay! So glad you're joining us, Kelly! We think you'll really love Six of Crows, but we're a bit biased because we ADORE Leigh Bardugo.

message 4: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Watton (katzeuk) | 1 comments Kelly (Diva Booknerd) wrote: "Ooh, I haven't read Six of Crows yet (probably the last YA reader left on the planet who hasn't) and I'm totally stoked to join in!"

No, you're not, I haven't read it either and I can't wait! :-)

message 5: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Kelly (Diva Booknerd) wrote: "Ooh, I haven't read Six of Crows yet (probably the last YA reader left on the planet who hasn't) and I'm totally stoked to join in!"

I haven't read it yet either!

Bec (booktineus) (booktineus) | 1 comments I LOVE SIX OF CROWS!! Actually planning on doing a reread sometime soon. I don't know if I'll have time keep up during the read along but I might give it a go :D

message 7: by Meg (last edited May 30, 2017 03:13AM) (new)

Meg (totally_megs) | 4 comments Oooh! I might just have to do this, and I'm glad it won't start for another two weeks, as I'd like to read the Grisha Trilogy beforehand (I know you don't have to, but I want to)
Can't wait!

message 8: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Casanova (theliterarycasanova) | 3 comments I just read Six of Crows but I'm so happy to read it again. Keen as a bean!

message 9: by Kirra (new)

Kirra (bookishkirra) | 1 comments Yay, I'm so happy to join this group. Will we be reading Crooked Kingdom next month as well? :D

message 10: by Arwen (new)

Arwen (rosenectur) | 5 comments Argh I number 7 on the wait list at the library.

message 11: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 1 comments Love Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo's writing is always a treat to read <3

message 12: by Léá (new)

Léá (fictionandfolklore) I really want to read this series I've heard only amazing things! Sounds like a perfect time to get caught up!

Angel - Angel Reads (angel_reads) | 1 comments So excited for this guys! What a wonderful idea. Need to get the books now.

message 14: by Tammi (new)

Tammi | 1 comments I have never joined a reading group before! I'm excited to start with Date a Book with YA as the genre!

message 15: by Lucky (new)

Lucky (luckyagmata) | 1 comments SOC was my current read actually (pure coincidence), I was about two pages in till I got distracted by another book.. whoops. But super glad I'm able to officially read it with DAB book club!! Eeek can't wait to be apart of the hype!

message 16: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2 comments Looking forward to joining in

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma Johnson (emma_thebibliophile) | 1 comments I've been meaning to read this book so much since I got it last year. So I can't wait to read it and understand the hype of this series!

message 18: by Date A Book (new)

Kirra wrote: "Yay, I'm so happy to join this group. Will we be reading Crooked Kingdom next month as well? :D"

Hi Kirra, our focus is Six of Crows, but our motto is to never leave a good book behind! We've got plans to have a thread in place for Crooked Kingdom for anyone who wants to continue reading - we're always up for a book chat!

message 19: by Jo (new)

Jo Gray | 2 comments Has anyone read Leigh's other books the Grisha trilogy? Ive just added them to my 'to read' list....

message 20: by Meg (new)

Meg (totally_megs) | 4 comments Jo wrote: "Has anyone read Leigh's other books the Grisha trilogy? Ive just added them to my 'to read' list...."

I don't think you need to read the Grisha Trilogy to read Six of Crows, but apparently there are some easter eggs in SoC and CK that reference to the trilogy - so technically, no, but it might give some background to the world? (I'm almost finished Shadow and Bone/The Gathering Dark now, it's interesting, very YA)

Jessica's Bookworld | 11 comments I am so excited for this. This will be my first read along and I'm hoping to post some of what's happening on my blog along the way.