Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Shout It Out! Self- Promotions > An Eye For An Eye is now on pre-order

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments My newest book, An Eye For An Eye: Inspector Stone Mysteries #2 is now available to pre-order, it will be just 99c until release day, July 1st and then it will be going to its full price of $3.99
The cover you can see below was done by our very own R.L. Jackson who did me proud.

An Eye For An Eye (Inspector Stone Mysteries, #2) by Alex R. Carver

Revenge comes to Branton with murder in mind.

A series of murders rock the small town of Branton and leave Inspector Stone with his toughest case, one which may see him paying a tremendous personal price if he can’t solve it quick enough.
At first glance the murder of the wife and mother of an Asian shopkeeper appears racially motivated, and the local paper is quick to stir up tensions within the community. Another murder, this time the husband of a local barrister, an attack on a trio of teens, and the discovery of a previously unreported murder all lead Stone to the conclusion that something more than racism is at work.
Before he can work out what connects these seemingly unrelated events he is distracted by the most tragic of events. Can Stone and his partner pull themselves together long enough to figure out who is responsible for bringing terror to the streets of Branton, or will the killer complete his fiendish plan and make good his escape?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725RRS35

Coming to all good ebook retailers soon so if you're not a kindle reader, keep an eye out on the site of your choice.

message 2: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Jackson (authorrljackson) | 856 comments Mod
Just ordered!!

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments R.L. wrote: "Just ordered!!"

Thank you so much, that makes 2 pre-orders and I only just put it up, one of my followers on Twitter notified me of a purchase, I hope this is a sign of things to come.
I was nervous about putting it on pre-order with so long to go, but I feel better now.

message 4: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Jackson (authorrljackson) | 856 comments Mod
No worries. I know people who do it 3 months in advance so you'll be fine

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments R.L. wrote: "No worries. I know people who do it 3 months in advance so you'll be fine"

I know pre-orders can be successful for some people, my last one did better than expected with 20 people grabbing it, so here's hoping for this one. I'm sure with each new release there's a good chance that pre-orders will increase.
Everything about this business is still a learning experience, though, and it's good to hear what other people have done or achieved.

message 6: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4603 comments Mod
Congrats, Alex!!

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Bush | 88 comments That's great Alex!

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Thanks Carole and Nathan

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 968 comments Congratulations, Alex! Hugs!

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) wrote: "Congratulations, Alex! Hugs!"

Thank you, hugs are always appreciated, have some in return ((HUGS))

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 968 comments Thank you, Alex. Greatly appreciated here, too. Hugs!

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Add another one to your list. Well done.

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments So my thing is I admire anyone who has got their act together enough to pin down a release date and therefore know they can do a preorder. I haven't a clue when I'll be ready.

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Ordered a copy. Shared on FB about the pre-order.

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "Ordered a copy. Shared on FB about the pre-order."

Thanks so much, I appreciate it, especially since you got a beta copy so you've already been reading the book.

I wouldn't say I've got my act together, it's just that setting a release date forces me to get my butt in gear and focus to get the book done. I'm not keen on deadlines but I have learnt that I work better with them.

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments I suspect the released version will be out before I've finished the beta judging by the rate I read. I'm struggling to settle into anything at the moment. Just want to finish one thing. Anything. (Other than a damn chocolate bar. Don't have trouble with those)

message 17: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "I suspect the released version will be out before I've finished the beta judging by the rate I read. I'm struggling to settle into anything at the moment. Just want to finish one thing. Anything. (..."

I know exactly what you mean. I've got 3 books, 4 if you count a graphic novel, on the go but if I manage any more than 10-20 pages a day, across all the titles I've started it's a miracle.

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments I'll take your 10-20 pages and offer up the same number of lines. To be fair I am also seeing clients and doing the mum thing. And when I'm not seeing clients I'm doing texts, phone and email messages. I had to stop writing to cook a dinner I'm not eating today. Moan.

message 19: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "I'll take your 10-20 pages and offer up the same number of lines. To be fair I am also seeing clients and doing the mum thing. And when I'm not seeing clients I'm doing texts, phone and email messa..."

At least you have better reasons for not reading than me. I have nothing to do all day except for walk the dog with my mum to be sure she's okay.

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments How is your mum doing? Still stable I hope.

message 21: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "How is your mum doing? Still stable I hope."

Still stable, though she does seem a little slower than before, and I think she's lost a little mobility in her right arm. She has her hospital appointment for the stroke clinic now, though, so hopefully they'll get some answers and sort things soon.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 968 comments Healing hugs for your Mom and worry hugs for you, Alex.

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Is that what they suspect it was? Poor thing. Hope she recovers quickly.

message 24: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Thanks, Sam, I'm managing, and mum's pretty much back to the way she was before so that helps.

Yes, Amy, they think it was a stroke, and she might have had a very minor one before, so minor she wasn't aware of it. I'm glad she's made an almost complete recovery, I'm not a very good nursemaid.

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Been there done that. After mine they announced they were sending me to the geriatric clinic. Cheers. I was about 43 at the time.

message 26: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "Been there done that. After mine they announced they were sending me to the geriatric clinic. Cheers. I was about 43 at the time."

That's not something you want to hear

message 27: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Oh I dunno I had a lovely rest in the MRI machine while they checked if I had a brain. Found it after some investigation.

message 28: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Amy wrote: "Oh I dunno I had a lovely rest in the MRI machine while they checked if I had a brain. Found it after some investigation."

My mum is not a fan of those machines, she didn't like beng scanned at the hospital when she was there

message 29: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments My mum hated them too. I found it relaxing in the middle of a normally busy day. But I am weird.

message 30: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments I never had a problem with it, but then I'm weird too

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

An Eye For An Eye (other topics)