Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Book Pool: June 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Jun 30, 2017 10:29PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna)

You guys ready? It's time for the Book Pool!

If you've never played, here are the rules:

Directions:

1. When you sign up pick 3 books you want to be included in the "book pool."

2. You can pick any book as long as they are YA and have been released before the challenge has started. No duplicates please.

3. Once the challenge starts you will read books from the "pool."

4. At the end of the month whoever read the most books from the pool is the champion of that month!

Have fun!

The challenge begins on June 1st.
To claim points, please don't finish your books from the pool until then!

You can sign up and add books until May 31.
After June 1st, you can join right in by claiming points - just don't add books to the pool, and let me know that you're joining if you aren't on the list yet!

message 2: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Jun 30, 2017 10:24PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Players:

Number of Books Read: 75

1.) Kikijanika- 3
2.) Cynthia- 9
3.) Katriann- 3
4.) Abbigail- 1
5.) Vicki- 1
6.) Ashly- 3
7.) ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω- 1
8.) Chelsea (A Very Bookish Girl)- 2
9.) Marybeth- 3
10.) PreePree- 1
11.) Kristie- 4
12.) Circe-
13.) Kristen-
14.) Katherine- 2
15.) Maya-
16.) Ashlyn- 4
17.) Sophie- 2
18.) Allison- 7
19.) Lesa- 2
20.) Bre-
21.) Kati-
22.) Jessica (Goldenfurpro)- 14
23.) Ilona- 3
24.) Michelle- 1
25.) Trisha-
26.) Colleen- 3
27.) Krista- 2
28.) Emily- 1
29.) Vanessa-
30.) Abby-
31.) No One-
32.) Susan- 1
33.) Mckenzie-
34.) Trinity- 3

message 4: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2928 comments I'm in.
Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5) by Eoin Colfer Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 5: by Cynthia (last edited May 18, 2017 04:14PM) (new)

Cynthia | 6038 comments I'm so in!! Been waiting to do this all year and now I'm finally on summer break!

Hold Tight, Don't Let Go by Laura Rose Wagner Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth

message 6: by Katriann (new)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2172 comments I'm in too.

Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1) by Zoraida Córdova Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited May 23, 2017 07:29AM) (new)

I'm in.
Heartless by Marissa Meyer Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer

message 8: by Vicki (last edited May 19, 2017 12:27AM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm in.

Pointe, Claw by Amber J. Keyser Blood Family by Anne Fine Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer

message 9: by Ashly (last edited May 19, 2017 05:54PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments I'm going to try this

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han The Last Thing You Said by Sara Biren Firefight (Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

message 10: by ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω (last edited May 19, 2017 02:44PM) (new)

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω | 786 comments I'm definitely in! And I apparently have a thing for 3rd books lol
The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson Warrior Witch (The Malediction Trilogy, #3) by Danielle L. Jensen The Battlemage (The Summoner, #3) by Taran Matharu

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 42 comments I'm in!
Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid

message 12: by Marybeth (last edited May 20, 2017 01:25PM) (new)

message 14: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 132 comments I am in!
A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) PreePree wrote: "Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce BrownSimon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky AlbertalliBeauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1) by Rachel L. Demeter"

Hi PreePree! Beauty of the Beast is labeled under Adult, could you choose another book for me? Thanks!

message 17: by Kristen (last edited May 21, 2017 06:19PM) (new)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm definitely in!

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

message 20: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "PreePree wrote: "Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce BrownSimon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky AlbertalliBeauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1) by Rachel L. Demeter"

Hi PreePree! Beauty of the Beast is labeled under Ad..."

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia

message 21: by Ashlyn (new)

message 22: by Sophie (last edited May 23, 2017 10:13PM) (new)

message 24: by Lesa (last edited May 28, 2017 12:23PM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments I'm in
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 25: by Bre (new)

Bre Dang I'm in!!

We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 26: by Kati (new)

Kati | 170 comments I'm in!

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

message 28: by Ilona (new)

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited May 26, 2017 07:34PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm in!
Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Bound by Blood and Sand (Bound by Blood and Sand #1) by Becky Allen The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3) by Marie Lu

message 32: by Krista (new)

message 33: by Emily (last edited May 29, 2017 06:11AM) (new)

message 34: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments Marybeth wrote: "Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) by Melissa de la Cruz Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima"

Anna, can I change Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate to Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman please?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) This month's pool looks amazing guys! So, it's time to start reading! Alright everyone, it's time to claim your points! Please remember that only books read or finished on/after June 1, 2017 can count for points. After you finish reading your book, you will need to leave a comment claiming your points. In your comment, please have your number (see comment #2), the book you read (please use the add book/author button), the date you finished it, your rating, and the number of books that you've read from the pool.

Format for posting:

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White
Read: 6/18/17
Rating: 4 Stars

Books Read: 5

Want to join in on the fun, but didn't sign up before the challenge stated You can still join! Go ahead and start reading books from the pool, and let me know that you need to be added to the list when you claim points. Have fun everybody! :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Read: 7/1/17
Rating: 4 stars

Books Read: 1

message 38: by Ashly (last edited Jun 02, 2017 07:32PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
Read: 7/2/17
Rating: 2 stars

message 39: by Kati (new)

Kati | 170 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "This month's pool looks amazing guys! So, it's time to start reading! Alright everyone, it's time to claim your points! Please remember that only books read or finished on/after June 1, 2017 can co..."

Hello,

I can't see the books I added in the pool. Were they missed?

Kati

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1090 comments Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renee Ahdieh

Read: 6/1/17
Rating: 5 stars

message 41: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6038 comments Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Read: 6/2/2017
Rating: 5 Stars

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1651 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "This month's pool looks amazing guys! So, it's time to start reading! Alright everyone, it's time to claim your points! Please remember that only books read or finished on/after June 1, 2017 can co..."

Anna..I think you skipped me. My books are not listed. See Post 29.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I apologize for the confusion. I think that all of the books are in the pool now. Let me know if you see any more mistakes.

~Anna

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1090 comments I think you skipped me as well...

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1090 comments It looks like you skipped #26-30

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "It looks like you skipped #26-30"

I added them! :)

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1090 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "It looks like you skipped #26-30"

I added them! :)"

Sorry if I posted that after you fixed it! I think my computer has a lag and I didn't see your comment or the changes yet.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "It looks like you skipped #26-30"

Sorry if I posted that after you fixed it! I think my computer has a ..."

It's cool! :)

message 49: by Kati (new)

Kati | 170 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "It looks like you skipped #26-30"

Hello,

The books I added have not been added to the pool yet

Kati

message 50: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6038 comments Kati wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "It looks like you skipped #26-30"

Hello,

The books I added have not been added to the pool yet

Kati"

They are at the top :)

« previous 1 3