World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Wealth & Economics > Do you invest mainly in Index funds, individual stocks, or yourself?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Warren Buffett and Tony Robbins say go for yourself! Like a class--or a book, in Robbins opinion as stated in the article. But b/w index and individual stock, they say go index. But there's also REITs and your house or other investment properties.

How about you? What's the latest class you took or self-improvement book that you read?

I've been reading a lot of writing fiction books and plan to take a writing seminar this year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/1ce005e8-...

message 2: by Nik (last edited May 18, 2017 11:27PM) (new)

Nik Krasno | 13438 comments In oneself - more, in index funds - strong, but a little less - sound like a reasonable advice. And about index I heard also from a friend-fund manager. However, it's like a pre-crisis real estate market, where the only bet was that it was never gonna collapse - I'd say anything foolproof, is only to a degree... Besides, many stock exchanges seem to soar - maybe until a new crisis...

message 3: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13438 comments Where to invest as a more general question is as actual as ever.
Real estate (Earth, Lunar, Martian), gold or maybe just a few cows - what's your venue?

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 9477 comments I have tried to spread my investments because investing is not my primary interest - I don't want to have to manage them. One exception is, that by being self-employed and owning my own company, I guess my biggest investment is in myself.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Ian wrote: "by being self-employed and owning my own company, I guess my biggest investment is in myself. "

that is very true!

message 6: by Jahvaunn (new)

Jahvaunn Johnson | 3 comments Alex, you're 100% right.