Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > strange story - supernatural? drama? tragedy? YA?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eden (new)

Eden Birch | 7 comments Hello! I am a young writer who is looking for some help.
I have begun writing a book that I think is difficult to describe. I'm looking for any beta readers who would like to give this story a go and give me harsh feedback.
The plot is about a girl called Ayanti... who dies...
She then gets the chance to take part in a competition with 8 others and the winner gets to return to life to deal with any unfinished business.
I understand the plot sounds strange...
But if strange interests you, then I would be thrilled to receive some criticism.

message 2: by Ime (new)

Ime Atakpa | 82 comments How much of the book do you have written?

message 3: by Eden (new)

Eden Birch | 7 comments I've only written the first 6 chapters. It's 35 pages and just over 17,000 words

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 30 comments I'd be willing to give the first chapter a once over, if you'd like. I don't think I'd be able to do the whole book. Two questions though, since this is an unfinished work, do you know what the ending is? And is this a stand alone or part of a series? It sounds to me, because of the subject matter, that this would fall squarely into a paranormal genre. YA or not will depend on you Protag.

message 5: by Eden (new)

Eden Birch | 7 comments If you would like to read some i would be thrilled! I do have a plan for the ending but it is flexible at the moment. I'd rather this be a stand alone, I think that there are quite a lot of stories that are dragged out to make sequels and I don't think mine needs that. And thank you for help with the genre. I knew there was a word like paranormal but I couldn't quite think of it