Christian Book Reviews discussion

Reviews > Book Reviews and Book Reviewers

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments Hi, everyone! If you are an author, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for submitting your book for review at Interviews & Reviews www.interviewsandreviews.com/booksubm... is the 24th of each month.

If you are a reader, we are always looking for reviewers! We receive and review both indie and traditionally published books. So if you like free books and you can write a review apply to be one of our reviewers today at www.interviewsandreviews.com/becomear...

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivia_r) | 21 comments Laura wrote: "Hi, everyone! If you are an author, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for submitting your book for review at Interviews & Reviews www.interviewsandreviews.com/booksubm... is the 24t..."

I am interested in becoming a reviewer, but I'm curious how it works...do we read ebooks or real copies? And do you pick certain reviews depending on our favorite genres?

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Laura, I pretty much have the same question as Olivia. I already signed up. But, do we get to choose the books that we review? And do we get ebooks or hardcopies?

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments Olivia wrote: "Laura wrote: "Hi, everyone! If you are an author, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for submitting your book for review at Interviews & Reviews www.interviewsandreviews.com/booksubm......"

Olivia and Haley, both options are available - ebooks and print. You pick the type of book you want to review. Each month I send a selection of books that have come in for review. They can vary from Biblical fiction to Christian Living (like Memoirs) or children's books. We get a wide range of books, depending on what has been submitted during the month. We receive regular books from Bethany House, Revell and Baker Books so you never have to worry about missing your favourite authors. And we also accept indie books, so you can discover some new authors.

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivia_r) | 21 comments Laura wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Laura wrote: "Hi, everyone! If you are an author, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for submitting your book for review at Interviews & Reviews www.interviewsandreviews.c..."

That sounds great, Laura :) Thanks for explaining!

message 6: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy (jazbooked) Just signed up! Thanks so much:))

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Thanks Laura!

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Lockledge (aggieland_deb) | 3 comments Just signed up!! Appreciate the opportunity.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

This is awesome! Just submitted one of my books. :)

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments R.S. wrote: "This is awesome! Just submitted one of my books. :)"
I just sent you an email! :)

message 11: by Cortez (new)

Cortez Law III | 30 comments Thanks for the opportunity, Laura! I just submitted my work.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments Cortez wrote: "Thanks for the opportunity, Laura! I just submitted my work."

I just sent you an email!

message 13: by Cortez (new)

Cortez Law III | 30 comments Thanks for the info'.

message 14: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 26 comments I just saw this, Laura. I was wondering, do you take books that are clean and written by a Christian author, but aren't specifically in the Christian genre? Thanks!

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments C.B. wrote: "I just saw this, Laura. I was wondering, do you take books that are clean and written by a Christian author, but aren't specifically in the Christian genre? Thanks!"

C.B. as much as I'd love to, it wouldn't be fair to you or your book. More times than not when I have allowed a book that was "clean" to go before our reviewers they have given it a low rating because it had no Christian, faith-based message. Even Davis Bunn, a well-known Christian author, received 3 stars for his latest book, Fault Lines (written under the pseudonym Thomas Locke) because it had no messages of redemption or salvation. So you can submit it if you like, but you would be taking a chance on getting a low rating on it. And all our books are published to Goodreads or Amazon.

message 16: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 26 comments Laura wrote: "C.B. wrote: "I just saw this, Laura. I was wondering, do you take books that are clean and written by a Christian author, but aren't specifically in the Christian genre? Thanks!"

C.B. as much as I..."

Thanks for letting me know, Laura!

message 17: by Shara (new)

Shara Bueler-Repka | 13 comments Laura wrote: "Hi, everyone! If you are an author, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for submitting your book for review at Interviews & Reviews www.interviewsandreviews.com/booksubm... is the 24t..."

Laura wrote: "Hi, everyone! If you are an author, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for submitting your book for review at Interviews & Reviews www.interviewsandreviews.com/booksubm... is the 24t..."

Laura wrote: "Hi, everyone! If you are an author, I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for submitting your book for review at Interviews & Reviews www.interviewsandreviews.com/booksubm... is the 24t..."

Hi Laura!
I just saw this post and realized it was the 24th today (October). I submitted my book for review to your website just now.

Thanks!
Shara

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments I received it Shara and emailed you.

Laura

message 19: by . (new)

. (yayayyaya) | 26 comments Laura wrote: "I received it Shara and emailed you.

Laura"

I have one more book to read that I got from Interviews and Reviews, but I don't think I can finish it today... Can I post a review within the week?

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments No problem, just send the review to me. I just sent out an email to you for November's books, so please send it to me at that email.

message 21: by . (new)

. (yayayyaya) | 26 comments Laura wrote: "No problem, just send the review to me. I just sent out an email to you for November's books, so please send it to me at that email."

All right, will do. Thanks for being flexible. :)

message 22: by Shara (new)

Shara Bueler-Repka | 13 comments Laura wrote: "I received it Shara and emailed you.

Laura"

Thanks, Laura!

message 23: by . (last edited Oct 29, 2017 12:22PM) (new)

. (yayayyaya) | 26 comments Laura wrote: "No problem, just send the review to me. I just sent out an email to you for November's books, so please send it to me at that email."

I just checked my email (including spam) and I never received an email for November books... if it's alright, I just sent it to your email just so you're aware I have reviewed it. :)
Email me and let me know what email specifically you'd like me to send reviews to next time.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments Chloe (aka Crystal) wrote: "Laura wrote: "No problem, just send the review to me. I just sent out an email to you for November's books, so please send it to me at that email."

I just checked my email (including spam) and I n..."

I just emailed you!

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (thedestinyofone) | 25 comments I am looking for reviewers for my latest book. There Was Always Laughter In Our House by Sarah Holman
It is a non-fiction book about my large, conservative, homeschool family. You can sign up for to review or be part of the blog tour here: https://goo.gl/forms/dSRSA7GgsWSUH4Tq2

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments Sarah wrote: "I am looking for reviewers for my latest book. There Was Always Laughter In Our House by Sarah Holman
It is a non-fiction book about my large, conservative, homeschool family. You can sign up..."

Sarah, to submit your book for review visit www.interviewsandreviews.com/booksubm...

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (thedestinyofone) | 25 comments Laura wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I am looking for reviewers for my latest book. There Was Always Laughter In Our House by Sarah Holman
It is a non-fiction book about my large, conservative, homeschool family. Y..."

Thank you!

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (thedestinyofone) | 25 comments Laura wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I am looking for reviewers for my latest book. There Was Always Laughter In Our House by Sarah Holman

I filled it out, hopfully it was submitted.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (thedestinyofone) | 25 comments Leona Ruth wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I am looking for reviewers for my latest book. There Was Always Laughter In Our House by Sarah Holman

Thank you :)

message 30: by Bryce (new)

Laser Bryce (brycelaser) | 3 comments I would love to be a reviewer for you!

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments Bryce, I sent you a message.

message 32: by Bryce (new)

Laser Bryce (brycelaser) | 3 comments Laura wrote: "Bryce, I sent you a message."

Just got it, Laura! Thanks! Do you think I could get Renegades? I submitted the form on the site. Please... it looks soooo good

message 33: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (heliolzz) | 2 comments Just filled in the form to become a reviewer! :)

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments heliolzz wrote: "Just filled in the form to become a reviewer! :)"
Something must have gone wrong as I didn't get the form.

message 35: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (heliolzz) | 2 comments Laura wrote: "heliolzz wrote: "Just filled in the form to become a reviewer! :)"
Something must have gone wrong as I didn't get the form."

I'll try again! :)

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments I got it! You are all registered and I sent you an email.

message 37: by Sean (new)

Sean | 1 comments I really enjoyed Kertamen as the angelic stuff and chapters in ancient Israel with Jesus, completely blew me away. A real detective story fused with very well researched history and full chapters in different places and ages, was like popping candy in a chocolate bar. Bring on more.

message 38: by Enoch (last edited Jan 09, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

Enoch Burke | 4 comments I have just written a new book critiquing John Piper and the New Calvinism movement. Its available from Amazon, Amazon UK and the book's website https://www.thepiedpiperbook.com/. There are a limited number of review (print) copies for those who might be interested! Email info@thepiedpiperbook.com.

message 39: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle Hey all! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a YA reviewer over at gabriellenblog.wordpress.com and thestorysanctuary.com. If you read/write YA books, then check both blogs out! Thanks!

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Reck | 4 comments Hi, I have a book that I would like to be reviewed. I did try and submit through the website but I was not sure it went through. My book is "Disciplining your mind 30 days to a better you!" Thank you so much.

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura (goodreadscomlaurajdavis) | 15 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I have a book that I would like to be reviewed. I did try and submit through the website but I was not sure it went through. My book is "Disciplining your mind 30 days to a better you!" Thank y..."

Stephanie, it did not go through. Try again.

message 42: by Aurora (new)

Aurora (aurora_mandeville) | 10 comments Oh, this is great!! And of course I find out the day after the deadline for this month. lol . . . ah well, next month. XD