Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Cyberpunk mystery novel

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Sarantopoulos | 9 comments Hello everyone.

I'm looking for beta readers for my novel, titled Through Stranger Eyes. If you enjoy reading scifi, or stories with a noir style of narration, if you don't mind a very mild use of foul language, and the occasional adult theme (as is the norm in this genre), then my story may be of interest to you. I will provide you with a questionnaire with things I'm unsure of, in addition to anything else you may wish to send me after you've finished reading it.

The book is a 132k word cyberpunk mystery about Dr Rick Stenslandt who, despite the fact he augments people with advanced cybernetic implants (as is the norm in his world), he refuses to have even the simplest implant in him. Though a purist at heart, he will have to put his convictions aside, when an accident deprives him of his sight, and is forced to have an ocular implant. Things take a strange turn for him after the operation, as Rick begins remembering the deaths of influential people, whom he has never met before, deaths that have taken place years before his accident. Driven to find out what is happening to him and why, he will risk losing everything that matter in his life; his social status, his sanity, his family, his life.

If so, please reply or send me a private message here on Goodreads.

Thank you for your time :)

message 2: by Ted (new)

Ted Carmichael | 17 comments Hi,

Would you be interested in a critique swap?

I've written nine speculative fiction shorts (26,000 words total).

They're inspired by the (slightly) more experimental end of sci-fi literature (think writers like Philip K. Dick, J.G. Ballard, Thomas M. Disch, Alexander Kluge - even Thomas Ligotti and Ryu Murakami). I'm not trying to be James Joyce - these are supposed to be readable, engaging stories - but I'm also not trying to write young adult / Star Wars type shit either.

If you'd be interested in swapping critiques, let me know. Thanks!