Romance Readers Discussion Group discussion

Contemporary Romance > What's your all-time favorite contemporary?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine | 12 comments Mod
What's your favorite? Why? Add it to the group bookshelf!

message 2: by Blue Falcon (new)

Blue Falcon (oldskoolromancenovelreader) | 2 comments It's not one book, it's two series.

The first is "www.Girl-Gear" by Alison Kent. It has the proper mix of everything I read romance novels for: sex, character development, strong female characters, emotions on both the hero and heroine.

The second is the multi-author anthology "36 Hours...That Changed Everything". While there isn't as much sex in that series, the emotions those books evoked in me have stayed with me for over 2 decades since I read those books. I want to get both series again.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine | 12 comments Mod
". While there isn't as much sex in that series, the emotions those books evoked in me have stayed with me for over 2 decades "

Wow! You can't say better about a book than that! I also enjoy a good sex scene but I have to confess that sex is a secondary consideration ... it's really emotion I'm looking for. The main reason I look for sex in a romance novel at all is because I usually find that authors who avoid sex also avoid intimacy. (And don't get me started on slamming-the-door-in-my-face scenes!) But I've ready barely-there sex that really swept me away and super-steamy sex that didn't do a thing for me ... I even skipped them because I was bored by it.