What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Immortality? Asian representation? YA book? [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Logz (new)

Logz | 3 comments I'm looking for this book where the main character, a girl, is dating this guy and he's Asian, but suddenly he goes missing, and she goes on this sort of journey to find out the truth and it turns out that he's immortal or something like that? I think there might have been a society of immortals, too. The book came with a really pretty poster in a jacket pocket in the back of the book. The book is filled with artwork, too, if I remember correctly. The cover is this watercolor green with a lot of cool drawings and artwork. I remember picking the book up because of how interesting it seemed and the fact that it was such a pretty, well-made book. I read this in middle school, so around 7-10 years ago; don't remember publishing date, but the novel looked quite new, so I'd say it was published anywhere from 2006-2012.

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 251 comments Ink The sequel has a greenish cover, but everything else sounds similar.

message 3: by Eustacia (new)

Eustacia Tan | 18 comments I have no idea why but I thought of The Iron King and Wicked Lovely. The storylines aren't that similar though, but if the tone of the book is similar, perhaps the "readers also enjoyed" part may help?

message 4: by Logz (new)

Logz | 3 comments Thank you to Elizabeth & Eustacia, but neither of those is the book I'm searching for. D': I do remember the main character going to this place where there's a garden with ton of architecture involving ponds and water lilies and finding him there with the other immortals, much to his surprise...and maybe something involving an elixir for immortality?...I may be wrong, but I think a gun might've been fired during the whole confrontation scene; not too sure.

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2078 comments Possibly "Saturn's Race" by Niven and Barnes Saturn's Race - that starts with a young female scientist meeting a wealthy Asian scientist, and has immortality as an element as well.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy  (amethyst1) | 1 comments Cathy's Book: If Found Call (650) 266-8283 by Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman :)

message 7: by Logz (last edited May 30, 2017 01:17PM) (new)

Logz | 3 comments Amy wrote: "Cathy's Book: If Found Call (650) 266-8283 by Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman :)"

Oh, my gosh, thank you!!! This is the book! I've been looking for it for ages; thanks a ton! <3