Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Beta Reader for Medieval Fantasy Pilot Episode Script

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 10 comments This is a different format. However, I have just completed a pilot script of a series I have been working on. I want to enter it into a competition such as final draft big break or scriptapalooza. I started writing this as a novel and have adapted the first few chapters into a pilot episode.

The episode follows several characters as they fight to survive in a world full of death and betrayals, as reports begin to trickle in that it's time for this year's sacrifice to the Gods.

In the first act, we are introduced to the clergy in the kingdom of Valla. They are responsible for receiving the terms of the human sacrifice to the gods and sending them to every corner of the realm. The representative of the gods comes to them, though getting the terms out may be harder than they ever thought.

In the poor country of Trystyl, Griffyn Emory and his brother are hunting for food. When they return home, they get news that could change their lives and their village forever.

In the royal capital, Acana, Mesa Magival is engaged to the Prince, Amel Thiel. She soon realizes, however, that the she has made a dire mistake moving to Acana and leaving her past life behind.

In chicagra, a barbarian king rules the island, with people questioning his reign. He quickly strikes people down who question him, though one man will change the way he does things forever.

This is the biggest project I have ever worked on (the first draft of the novel being 300+ pages so far, but being rewritten right now, and now adapting to a pilot episode). I'm very excited about it and would love feedback.

I'm looking for a beta reader who will read the script (sent in PDF format) and give feedback. The amount of detail is up to you. I would love to know what works and what doesn't. What needs work, the dialogue, the description, character development, the world building, how interesting it is, etc. I want this as ready as I can get it before I enter it into anything.

If you are interested, please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

message 2: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 10 comments If you're someone who messaged me about this and gave me feedback and reading this comment, I just wanted to say thank you for the feedback! :)