Temecula Valley Book Club discussion

Favorite Book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanya712) | 237 comments My favorite childhood book is 50 years old. I still want to run away to the Metropolitan. What is your favorite book from your childhood?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history...

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique | 19 comments The Little Prince. by Antoine De Saint Exupery.

message 3: by Keith, Club Moderator (new)

Keith | 591 comments Mod
Tanya: Not familiar with the Mix-up Files - somehow I missed that one. Sounds fun, and its awesome that it still has sway over you after all this time!
Monique: great choice! Unfortunately for me I didn't discover The Little Prince until adulthood, but it still resonated with me and I loved it very much!
Me: I have to go with Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. The depiction of the power of imagination along with the fantastic illustrations really stuck with me.

message 4: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 35 comments I have two. The Velveteen Rabbit and The Giving Tree. I still enjoy reading them occasionally.

message 5: by Keith, Club Moderator (last edited May 18, 2017 12:57PM) (new)

Keith | 591 comments Mod
Awwww....The Giving Tree. Love that one!

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanya712) | 237 comments Such great books and memories. We had to read Le Petit Prince for my 8th grade French class. We then went to a local college whose French students were performing on the play. They also had a French food exhibit, it was my one and only time eating escargot. Wonderful memories. The play was wonderful, the escargot not so much.

message 7: by Keith, Club Moderator (last edited May 18, 2017 03:58PM) (new)

Keith | 591 comments Mod
I don't know if you all have Netflix, but they did an original animated feature version of The Little Prince that was pretty good. It's not an exact verbatim retelling, but I thought it was creative how they told the story. FYI

message 8: by Cari, Club Moderator (new)

Cari (mambaitaliana) | 326 comments Mod
So many great books to choose from. I would say the one I tend to revisit is The Old Man and the Sea. I love the metaphors. "A man is never lost at sea."