♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Eliza and Her Monsters > Favorite Fandom

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jude, The First One :) (last edited May 17, 2017 10:46PM) (new)

Jude (judehnd) | 565 comments Mod
Eliza and Her Monsters is going to be one of our June Reads, and in light of the themes of the books we wanted to ask you

Which are some of your favorite bookish fandoms?

Why are they your favorite? what's the community like? Share with us in the comments down below :D!

also don't forget to participate in our Eliza and Her Monsters Giveaway

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 2 comments I think one of my favorite bookish fandoms will always be Harry Potter. Yes, I realize how generic that may sound BUT I grew up reading Harry Potter. It taught me how to read and gave me a love of reading through the years. I also remember going to the midnight releases with my mom and seeing everyone dressed up and all the stands selling things like Every Flavor Beans and Butterbeer. Then at Midnight Hagrid would ride up on his motorcycle with the latest Harry Potter book piled on the back and I'd go home and read aloud to my mom until I couldn't keep my eyes open. It just brings back so many good memories that I don't think I'll ever be able to forget.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Ratliff | 2 comments I love the Jane Austen Fandom! The manners, dress, and how I'm the end everything works out . Not perfectly but realistically.

I love thenLemony Snicket Series of Unfortunate Events . When I first found it in the early 2000s I had never read a story that was so dark and satirically !

I love the Lunar Chronicles ! Meyer does such a great job revamping beloved fairy tales .

message 4: by Lora (last edited May 21, 2017 03:41PM) (new)

Lora Palmer (lorareedpalmer) | 18 comments I'm an avid fan of both the Harry Potter books and the Lunar Chronicles.

OK, this is sort of a bookish one (mainly a TV one), but I absolutely LOVED the Roswell fandom. Who else remembers that TV show based on the book series? The fandom was incredible, especially in that there was such respect for the various 'ships. Nobody argued over who should be with who and why. Everyone simply respected everyone's preferred 'ship as what it was -- a preference that didn't have to be justified by canon. Oh, and there were such cute names for the 'ships -- Dreamers for Max and Liz, M & M's for Michael and Maria, Stargazers for Alex and Isabel, Lamptrimmers for Kyle and Tess.

message 5: by D (new)

D (d_thelarue) | 4 comments For me, my favorite bookish fandom is definitely "Hold me closer, Necromancer," by Lish McBride. I haven't read Pyromancer or its sequel yet, but I will get on that soon!

message 6: by cerine (new)

cerine  | 2 comments My favorite bookish fandom is the ACOTAR and the PJO fandom. I've been such a major supporter of Rick Riordan since I was in 5th grade and he'll probably always be one of my auto buy authors. Most people had Harry Potter but since those books always intimidated me as a child, I devoured the Percy Jackson books.

message 7: by Wave (new)

Wave I LOVE the unwind fandom (Unwind by Neal Shsusterman) because it's not the biggest fandom but it seems to have people I instantly want to know in real life. And I love the comments they have about the book series. I also love the Simon vs the homosapiens agenda fandom BECAUSE THOSE GUYS ARE SO TALENTED AT FAN ART ITS UNREAL. And I also feel like I would instantly get along with anyone in the fandom. Lastly, I think The Foxhole court fandom is down right the most entertaining and funny fandom I've ever seen. I haven't finished the series so I haven't been looking at the fandom much, but from what I've seen they're hilarious.

message 8: by katherine (new)

katherine terry (katherineannebooks) my favorite fandom is probably the Percy Jackson series. There's just so many references and inside jokes and things to talk about. It's a very fun fandom with tons of people in it. :)