♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Eliza and Her Monsters > Eliza and Her Monsters

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jude, The First One :) (last edited May 17, 2017 10:42PM) (new)

Jude (judehnd) | 565 comments Mod

Summary:
Eighteen-year-old Eliza Mirk is the anonymous creator of Monstrous Sea, a wildly popular webcomic, but when a new boy at school tempts her to live a life offline, everything she’s worked for begins to crumble.

In the real world, Eliza Mirk is shy, weird, smart, and friendless. Online, Eliza is LadyConstellation, the anonymous creator of a popular webcomic called Monstrous Sea. With millions of followers and fans throughout the world, Eliza’s persona is popular. Eliza can’t imagine enjoying the real world as much as she loves her digital community. Then Wallace Warland transfers to her school, and Eliza begins to wonder if a life offline might be worthwhile. But when Eliza’s secret is accidentally shared with the world, everything she’s built—her story, her relationship with Wallace, and even her sanity—begins to fall apart. With pages from Eliza’s webcomic, as well as screenshots from Eliza’s online forums, this uniquely formatted book will appeal to fans of Noelle Stevenson’s Nimona and Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl.

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
Eliza and Her Monsters Giveaway

Find the book!
Add it on Goodreads

Pre-Order the book
Amazon
The Book Despository
Barnes&Noble
Barnes&Noble

Reading Schedule:
June 1 - June 4:
Pages 01 - 101

June 5 - June 8:
Pages 102 - 194

June 9 - June 12:
Pages 194 - 284

June 13 - June 16
Pages 285 - 387

Who will be reading along with us :D!?

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 2 comments I will probably run to Barnes and Noble the day this comes out to grab it. It's one of my most anticipated reads of the year and I can't trust Amazon to have it at my apartment on release. I'll just use the excuse of an early birthday present for it!

message 3: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) I knew without a doubt this book would be in Owlcrate this month, which I asked for as a birthday gift. I'm not going to sign up for the giveaway since I got it today but I can't wait to read it next month!

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Ratliff | 2 comments It does look really good! I do get a bit of Fangirl vibes from it . Definitely checking to see if my library has this .

message 5: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Chelsea (A Very Bookish Girl) wrote: "I will probably run to Barnes and Noble the day this comes out..."

Happy early birthday Chelsea :D! I'm sure you're going to love it, I find the story to be so relatable, particularly because many of us spend a lot of time on goodreads or bookish communities and have somewhat different lives online than with the outside world 😊

I hope you'll be reading along with us :D

message 6: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Farren wrote: "I knew without a doubt this book would be in Owlcrate this month..."

My instagram has been filled with pictures of the Owlcrate box! It looked amazing and yaaas! can't wait to finally start reading next month :D Oh and happy birthday 😉

message 7: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) Thanks Jude! When I finish this ridiculous Cassandra Clare marathon I'm doing I can't wait to join in on this!

message 8: by cerine (new)

cerine  | 2 comments This book is so eye-catching. It'll be on my radar since I found out it was a mixed media novel, I'm so excited to jump into this.

message 9: by Wave (new)

Wave Gahhhh after I saw this book in this moths owlcrate (wish I was subscribed but I'm not) I've been thinking about it and I really want to read it one day. Crossing my fingers for this giveaway

message 10: by katherine (new)

katherine terry (katherineannebooks) This is so intriguing. I am super excited to read this!! I really like the premise. Ssssuper pumped! :)))

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin Bembridge  (erinbelizabeth1) This was a really great book! Owlcrate defiantly did a great job last month with this one!

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments Love this book! Inhaled it in a few days and enjoyed every second of it.
Hurrah for fandoms!

message 13: by Mollie (new)

Mollie (mollieruminer) | 2 comments I loved this book but the night I finished it, I had a pretty rough night so now it is associated with bad memory and it's hard for me to pick up the book. But the book nonetheless was really good