Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Cozies without Romance?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (gorjessina17) | 9 comments Hey guys, I have found that cozy mysteries are my guiltiest pleasure, but I'm not a huge fan of romance. Do you know any good series (or even single books) where there isn't a romantic interest at all?

The closest I've gotten is Still Life by Louise Penny, where the main character is already happily married, so he doesn't spend half to book talking trying to hook up with someone. ;)

message 2: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Wharton | 23 comments You could try my book, 'Death at Brambles' by Pauline Wharton. It's clear that one of the women has a soft spot for the suspect, but that's about it. I'm in the UK where we don't use the term 'cozy', but if you like Louise Penny, it should be ok.

message 3: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut Monica Ferris Needlecraft mysteries pretty much has the backstory remaining constant, no real romance in them.

Just about all the others I have on the shelf have at least a little bit of interest. The Diane Mott Davidson Culinary mysteries don't have any real romance in the first several books, until things get going with a boyfriend later, then they get married in the 4th book and it is just a happy married life after that.

message 4: by Jessica (last edited May 18, 2017 06:18AM) (new)

Jessica (gorjessina17) | 9 comments Pauline wrote: "You could try my book, 'Death at Brambles' by Pauline Wharton. It's clear that one of the women has a soft spot for the suspect, but that's about it. I'm in the UK where we don't use the term 'cozy..."

Thanks! I'll check it out! :)

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (gorjessina17) | 9 comments Craftnut wrote: "Monica Ferris Needlecraft mysteries pretty much has the backstory remaining constant, no real romance in them.

Just about all the others I have on the shelf have at least a little bit of interest...."

Great! I'll take a look. Thanks! :)