Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2017 > 20.5 It's Elemental

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 5911 comments 20.5 It's Elemental

In honor of Actual Air, Earth Abides and Young Men and Fire, read a book with one of the words 'earth', 'air', or 'fire' in the title. Word may be in the title or sub-title, but must match exactly.

message 2: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2336 comments Does Rites of Passage work? (To the Ends of the Earth, #1)
shows up as the series title.

message 3: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 5911 comments No, sorry, Ed. Just title/subtitle, no series titles.

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1501 comments Can the word be part of a compound word? Firestorm

message 5: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 18, 2017 10:57AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11719 comments Bea wrote: "Can the word be part of a compound word? Firestorm"

Not for this task - also no plurals or possessives.

message 6: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1501 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Bea wrote: "Can the word be part of a compound word? Firestorm"

Not for this task - also no plurals or possessives."

Thanks, I found another one that would work Mother Earth Father Sky

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11719 comments Bea wrote: "Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Bea wrote: "Can the word be part of a compound word? Firestorm"

Thanks, I found another one that would..."

Yes - and part of a trilogy!

message 8: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 20, 2017 06:54AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11719 comments In addition to Under Fire that I reserved in the Historical thread (for a combo, I think, but we'll see), I also have penciled in The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America. I enjoyed another by Egan this season, but did not think I'd have an opportunity for another so soon.

message 9: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4181 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Bea wrote: "Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Bea wrote: "Can the word be part of a compound word? Firestorm"

Thanks, I found another on..."

and set in ancient times!

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2307 comments I think I probably am 'sol' with this one - however, there's no harm in asking....

I just finished "Death in the Air", which is Death in the Clouds. I didn't realize "Death in the Air" was the US title :( - annoying, as I thought it was a shoe-in for this task. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_i... I know the rule is MPE, but as I said above... no harm in asking!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11719 comments Valerie wrote: "I think I probably am 'sol' with this one - however, there's no harm in asking....

I just finished "Death in the Air", which is Death in the Clouds. I didn't realize "Death in the Air..."

Yes, I'm sorry - Death in the Clouds is the default title so that Death in the Air does not work for this task.

But you are correct - there is never any harm in asking!

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2307 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Valerie wrote: "I think I probably am 'sol' with this one - however, there's no harm in asking....

I just finished "Death in the Air", which is Death in the Clouds. I didn't realize "..."

Ok thanks! At least it works for 10.2 (well.... I did enjoy the book too! ha, ha)