Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2017 > 20.3 Historical

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 5912 comments 20.3 Historical

In honor of The Scarlet Pimpernel, Day After Night and The Lions of Al-Rassan, read a book with 'historical' listed in the genre list of the book's main page.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Please note this is "historical", but could be in combination with other words, but must be historical, and not history.

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2337 comments The End of the Affair by Graham Greene has historical as the last genre listed on the main page.... can I get a confirmation since it might fall off?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Ed wrote: "The End of the Affair by Graham Greene has historical as the last genre listed on the main page.... can I get a confirmation since it might fall off?"

Yes, and please include a note about this approval when you post (note only as a reminder, a link isn't necessary).

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments I have some titles I don't want to slip away:

Finn
Union Street
The Reivers
The Russländer
Road Ends

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2315 comments I don't know if this is low enough to worry about... however, I am interested in this book:
It Can't Happen Here

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Valerie wrote: "I don't know if this is low enough to worry about... however, I am interested in this book:
It Can't Happen Here"

Noted!

message 8: by Karin (new)

Karin Even though it's not likely to slip off the main page, could I confirm Quicksilver ? I've been meaning to read another Stephenson.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Karin wrote: "Even though it's not likely to slip off the main page, could I confirm Quicksilver ? I've been meaning to read another Stephenson."

Confirmed.

message 10: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4424 comments Could I confirm Shipwrecks just in case.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Karen Michele wrote: "Could I confirm Shipwrecks just in case."

You've got it, just in case. Because "just in case" is why we're posting in this thread anyway. ;-)

message 12: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4424 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Karen Michele wrote: "Could I confirm Shipwrecks just in case."

You've got it, just in case. Because "just in case" is why we're posting in this thread anyway. ;-)"

;) - It's also one for Japan!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Karen Michele wrote: ";) - It's also one for Japan! "

Looking out for the Project right off the bat - I love it!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments I'll add Under Fire to my list of "just in case". And I'm planning on it coloring in France.

message 15: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4424 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I'll add Under Fire to my list of "just in case". And I'm planning on it coloring in France."

Another book for the TBR!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Karen Michele wrote: "Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I'll add Under Fire to my list of "just in case". And I'm planning on it coloring in France."

Another book for the TBR!"

I've given my WWI reading a break, but it looks as if I'm coming into a bundle of them. I have 4 planned for the sub-challenge, plus this, and I'm thinking of heading off to the library for one to wind up this season!

message 17: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 1298 comments I would like to confirm Salt Houses. Thanks.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Connie wrote: "I would like to confirm Salt Houses. Thanks."

Yes, and I think you'll be both pleased and surprised that you'll have at least one combo for it.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Rosemary wrote: "Could I get these locked in please:

All Clear
The Children's Book
As Meat Loves Salt
Gillespie and I
Moll Flanders
[book:Th..."

Yes to all!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Ed wrote: "Fire!!: The Zora Neale Hurston Story ?"

Yes - too bad there is no combo.

message 23: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2337 comments True... but I may land up using it for the Fire category. ... exploring options at this point. thanks

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Ed wrote: "True... but I may land up using it for the Fire category. ... exploring options at this point. thanks"

It's nice to have options.

message 25: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 2787 comments Another one please: Mrs. Miniver

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Rosemary wrote: "Another one please: Mrs. Miniver"

Got it!

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Just checking around for combos and notice Chocolat actually has historical on the main page. Makes a stronger case to bump it up the list!

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments And somehow it's also listed for The Chosen

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Another "Maybe"

The Winter Vault

message 30: by Karin (new)

Karin I'd like to confirm The Count of Monte Cristo

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Karin wrote: "I'd like to confirm The Count of Monte Cristo"

Yep!

message 32: by Karin (new)

Karin Water for Elephants- could I confirm this?

message 33: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 22, 2017 05:16PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Karin wrote: "Water for Elephants- could I confirm this?"

Yes.

message 34: by Amanda (new)

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments Getting in quick with this one:

The History Of Danish Dreams

Looks like I am getting a good spread of countries for the Group Project this coming season!

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1527 comments And another one:
Fall on Your Knees

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Probably won't get to it, but might as well lock it in:

Memoirs of a Geisha

message 39: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 1833 comments Cooper's Creek has "historical" listed last on the main page -- can I have it confirmed now in case it slips off later? Thanks!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Deedee wrote: "Cooper's Creek has "historical" listed last on the main page -- can I have it confirmed now in case it slips off later? Thanks!"

Yes - looks good, too!

message 41: by Karin (new)

Karin Could I confirm Snow Flower and the Secret Fan ?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Karin wrote: "Could I confirm Snow Flower and the Secret Fan ?"

Yep - hope you enjoy it!

message 43: by Karin (new)

Karin Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Karin wrote: "Could I confirm Snow Flower and the Secret Fan ?"

Yep - hope you enjoy it!"

It has no lexile score--how can I tell if it's a school assigned book at bpl? I can't tell just by the main entries.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Karin wrote: "I can't tell just by the main entries. "

Open up the editions to see how it's shelved. Here is an example of what you might see:

http://catalog.brooklynpubliclibrary....

message 45: by Karin (new)

Karin Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Karin wrote: "I can't tell just by the main entries. "

Open up the editions to see how it's shelved. Here is an example of what you might see:

http://catalog.brooklynpubliclibrary....?..."

Thanks--I'm safe with this one :)

message 46: by Rosemary (last edited May 28, 2017 11:57PM) (new)

Rosemary | 2787 comments I'd like to add The Sterkarm Handshake please

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11730 comments Rosemary wrote: "I'd like to add The Sterkarm Handshake please"

Got it!

message 50: by Bea (new)

Bea | 1502 comments The Partly Cloudy Patriot

End of MPG list - historical 32 users

« previous 1 3