Page Turners at HealthPartners discussion

May-June: Absolutely True Diary > Discussion / As You Read - What is your initial reaction to the book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait Are you hooked? Is it a slow read? Are you enjoying the characters?

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Lee | 2 comments This is a very entertaining book. I am really enjoying the characters. I am about half way into it and really look forward to finishing.

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan Duffy dionne | 2 comments I am absolutely loving this book. It's very touching while also making me chuckle. It's a quick read.

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan Duffy dionne | 2 comments Cait wrote: "Are you hooked? Is it a slow read? Are you enjoying the characters?"
I am. It's a very quick read I'm almost finished with the book already. It's written as a lower grade level than I expected but very good. I think the character development is excellent you really start to feel like you know what the person is going to do and what they might say.

message 5: by Cait (new)

Cait I also really enjoy Jr.'s sense of humor along with the more difficult emotional events. I just started re-reading this again now, the first time I read it I listened to the audiobook, which is narrated by Sherman Alexie, and I deeply appreciated his humorous delivery. I also agree with the character development - even characters we don't see often, like Jr.'s sister, felt very real to me.