Authors-Readers Connect discussion

Group Members > Diabolic Shrimp--Indies helping Indies--honor system

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Groovy (last edited May 17, 2017 11:54AM) (new)

Groovy Lee | 1013 comments Mod
Joshua, a fellow author, has set up a very cool site that helps authors and readers alike. Just read his instructions below, and go from there. I think it will give Indie authors great exposure. I'm already a member.

Joshua says:

Hey Groovy! I’m setting up a network of concrete support for my fellow authors on my site Diabolic Shrimp. Each month I buy a book from other authors. I also buy an additional book from an author each month to give away to readers. There’s also a free option to advertise your book in the website’s footer. I simply ask that authors who sign on buy three books from other authors each year (this is entirely on an honor system and you will not be hassled or e-mailed about it). Most people’s books are really cheap and it’s a great way to provide real support to each other as authors. Check it out at www.diabolicshrimp.com if you’re interested!

message 2: by David (new)

David Kummer | 622 comments Mod
I'm totally in! Thanks so much for sharing Groovy

message 3: by Groovy (new)

You're welcome, David:)

message 4: by H.C. (new)

H.C. Cavall (hccavall) | 23 comments This is a fantastic idea. Heading over there right now.

message 5: by Groovy (new)

Congratulations, H.C. for being picked to have an author interview on Shrimp Tank.

I have good news, too. My book was drawn to be given away.

message 6: by David (new)

That's awesome! Great news guys :) I'm glad this is a successful place for you all.

message 7: by Groovy (new)

I would call it very helpful, David. Everyone has their part to do, like buy one another's books, and promote Shrimp Tank on your forums to get the word out. When you do you earn tickets, and that increases your chances of exposure.

I've been promoting the site, but I would like to buy a couple of books to do more to support it. I've been too busy (no excuse:)

I thought you were a part of it. When I find the link, I'll post it so you can read about it.

message 8: by David (new)

I'm part of it, but I haven't gotten into it much. I'm gonna try to be more involved though. I really liked what I experienced