Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV / Podcasts Archive > Mommy Dead And Dearest

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12673 comments This apparently aired the day Ian Brady died, Monday May 15th, but it's an HBO presentation so you can count on it to show again and again. It sounds super intriguing: Dee Dee Blancharde appeared to be the doting mom of a wheelchair-bound daughter, Gypsy Rose. Then Dee Dee turned up murdered and the daughter was found 2 states away, able to walk on her own.

I feel morally certain that I need to see THIS twisted story!

message 2: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (savannahjan) | 62 comments It was a very good documentary. I just watched it last night.

The Sword and Scale podcast has an episode about this case as well. I'm going to listen to it again now that I've watched the documentary.

A very strange story. I have to say that I 100% fee compassion for Gypsy. I mean, how bad is your life when prison is a step up!? Poor girl.

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 123 comments It was great. Crazy. I can't believe I hadn't heard anything about this.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessicaclarence) | 3 comments It feels like the new "Making a Murderer." There are already memes and stuff all over the internet about all the awesome accents and Gypsy's hot dad. Not saying this is a good thing per se, but people are definitely responding to it.

I know that when I started watching I was totally hooked. I've never heard a true crime story quite like it.

message 5: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12673 comments Hint, hint, authors -- this would make a fantastic book!!!