Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV / Podcasts Archive > Masterpiece: Dark Angel

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12071 comments This is a PBS miniseries (I count them as movies myself) about Victorian serial killer Mary Ann Cotton. It starts Sunday May 21st -- check your local listings.

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Oh, goodie. I'll be watching this one!

message 3: by Fishface (last edited May 21, 2017 01:51PM) (new)

Fishface | 12071 comments The paragraph I found on this one makes her sound like a terribly sexy woman. I'm not sure the photos I've seen bear this out:

message 4: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1085 comments Dang, I wish there was a book about her!

message 6: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1085 comments Lady♥Belleza★✰ wrote: "
**coughs**

Mary Ann Cotton: The West Auckland Borgia
Mary Ann Cotton: Victorian Serial Killer
Mary Ann Cotton: Dead But Not Forgotten
[book:Ma..."

OMG....Belleza, I just made a note about Mary Ann Cotton as she was mentioned in another book I am starting. Now here you are not only just mentioning her name but posting the books that are about her! This is quite a coincidence.....LOVE IT!

***doing the Happy Dance***

message 7: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3358 comments Mod
Rita: It's not a coincidence, you asked if there was a book about Mary Ann Cotton.

message 8: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1085 comments Lady♥Belleza★✰ wrote: "Rita: It's not a coincidence, you asked if there was a book about Mary Ann Cotton."

I had messaged Fishface about Mary Ann Cotton a day or two ago and then your post popped up talking about this very same serial killer woman. I was hoping someone would find the website and you did and I wanted to thank you.

You are very funny Belleza and I always enjoy your comebacks and I just had to post something back like we used to do on Shelfari. I hope you are not ticked off with me Belleza because you are my friend and you never post me. ***nervous, but looking hopeful***

message 9: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (savannahjan) | 62 comments It was a pretty good show. I didn't love it. She was definitely a very sexual being according to this show. Back then murder was just so much easier. People relocated so often, no real records were kept. It isn't surprising that she got away with so much. She was very much like....the lady in America....dang it. I can't remember her name. She would post ads in newspapers asking men to come to her.

message 10: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1085 comments Kristin wrote: "It was a pretty good show. I didn't love it. She was definitely a very sexual being according to this show. Back then murder was just so much easier. People relocated so often, no real records were..."

Dang, I forgot too Kristin.

message 11: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12071 comments Kristin wrote: "It was a pretty good show. I didn't love it. She was definitely a very sexual being according to this show. Back then murder was just so much easier. People relocated so often, no real records were..."

Let us know when you remember! I know of men doing that, but no women!

message 12: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 292 comments I enjoyed the show. It was so easy for her to kill

message 13: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (savannahjan) | 62 comments Belle Gunness!! Belle Gunness!!!

It is pretty much the same story, except she seemed a bit worse to me. But same in terms of insurance fraud, etc. It's a creepy story. Especially the end....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_G...

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 374 comments I finally watched Dark Angel and I gotta say, I thought it was boring. I usually love shows like that but it seemed really rushed.

message 15: by Rita (last edited Jul 19, 2017 06:19PM) (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1085 comments Lady♥Belleza★✰ wrote: "
**coughs**

Mary Ann Cotton: The West Auckland Borgia
Mary Ann Cotton: Victorian Serial Killer
Mary Ann Cotton: Dead But Not Forgotten
[book:Ma..."

OMG....BELLEZA....this is incredible! Thank you for posting all these sites and the two b ooks I can see.!!!

***runs to closet to do the Happy Dance***

message 16: by Craig (new)

Craig Monson | 14 comments America's answer to Mary Ann Cotton, brought to justice considerably earlier, was Martha Grinder ("The Borgia of the Century"):
http://unknownmisandry.blogspot.com/2...
MUCH earlier, there was also a wave of women poisoners in Palermo, Italy in the 1630s and an absolute tsunami in Rome in the 1650s. There's lots of (mis)information about it on the WWWeb.

message 17: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12071 comments I guess if you hear about a new household-management or inheritance-expediting technique like mass poisoning, you want to try it out for yourself...