Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > fav underrated book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Steph (new)

Steph | 29 comments Please tell me your favourite underrated book.

missyfabioulous | 19 comments Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Graceling by Kristin Cashore

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara (saharasbooknook) | 22 comments Jackaby by William Ritter

message 4: by ✨ jami ✨ (new)

✨    jami   ✨ (jamieson_) | 12 comments Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex | 27 comments The Crimson Empire by Alex Marshall

message 6: by Puck (new)

Puck | 14 comments Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 58 comments Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge - it's only 3.64 on here but I absolutely loved it!

Beagle Lover (Avid Reader) (beaglelover55) | 155 comments I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga.

message 9: by Tecla (new)

Tecla It's a series rather than a book and that's the The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater. Her Raven Cycle series is hyped up but I don't see alot of love for her other series. It's so good.
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Diana ~Daughter of the Books~ (dianadaughterofthebooks) | 26 comments All for the Game trilogy by Nora Sakavic is literally goals

message 11: by maria (new)

maria (maria-blackthorn) The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman

message 12: by Rima (new)

Rima Ben Hammadi | 159 comments killing me softy by nicci french

message 13: by Erica (new)

Erica | 28 comments The Named by Marianne Curley. I haven't read this series in some time (I think the last time I read it was about 2-3 years ago?) but I remember loving it and being addicted.

message 14: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 2 comments Heart-Shaped Hack! No one's read it!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater.... I love the series they very good books.

message 16: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (Trabiagil25) | 1 comments Graceling

message 17: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Half Bad Trilogy by Sally Green

message 18: by Louise (new)

Louise | 100 comments Dark Swan series by richelle mead
Georgia kincaid series by richelle mead
The demon trappers by jana oliver
The books of pellinor by Alison Croggon

message 19: by K. (new)

K. (keiiksm) The Serpent King
I feel so sad every time my bookish friends say they never heard of this gorgeous. *sobs*

message 20: by Puck (new)

Puck | 14 comments whaticereads wrote: "The Serpent King
I feel so sad every time my bookish friends say they never heard of this gorgeous. *sobs*"

I did! It was the author's debute, right? I've heard some mixed reviews about it, but I'm actually very eager to read his second book. "Goodbye Days" sounds amazing.

But now that you have the floor, how would you convince me to read The Serpent King?

message 21: by annesofie (new)

annesofie (ananasofie) | 204 comments [Book: The Brothers Lionheart] by Astrid Lindgren. It has a high rating but I never hear anyone talk about it even though this book is just straight up perfection.

message 22: by annesofie (new)

annesofie (ananasofie) | 204 comments wtf did my book link just do ?? well anyhow yall understand what book i mean lmfaoo

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Erica wrote: "The Named by Marianne Curley. I haven't read this series in some time (I think the last time I read it was about 2-3 years ago?) but I remember loving it and being addicted."

200% agree its soo good. Did you know she is adding to the series and coming out with a 4th book?

message 25: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 44 comments Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli! It's so wonderful and heartwarming and they're major a movie coming out next year and it'll be the first YA adaptation where the main couple are gays (and interracial too) so like. I wish it would get more hype. I love Becky so so much, all her books have so much diversity!

message 26: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 44 comments I meant to say making * not majoring haha the movie comes out in March next year

message 28: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Grace | 21 comments The entire In the Company of Shadows series. For sure.

message 29: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt | 15 comments I love any and all books by A.E. Kirk and Penny Reid.

Demons at Deadnight Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1) by A.E. Kirk series and Midnight Poison Midnight Poison (The Paranormal Poisons Saga, #1) by A.E. Kirk series are PNR stories.

Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid is Penny Reid's contemporary series. So are her other series.

message 30: by Tash (new)

Tash | 1 comments The traveling man by Jane Harvey

message 31: by Cap (new)

Cap (alexrowe) | 25 comments Tecla wrote: "It's a series rather than a book and that's the The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater. Her Raven Cycle series is hyped up but I don't see alot of love for her other series. It's so ..."

I've been wanting to read that series!!!! Is it really that amazing? Haven't read her Raven series either, so I don't really know her haha

message 32: by Cap (new)

Cap (alexrowe) | 25 comments The Testing Trilogy by Joelle Charbonneau (dystopian)
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (fantasy)
The Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore (fantasy / sci-fi)
The Books of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau (dystopian)
The Starcatchers Series by Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson (Peter Pan)

All are amazing series, but I never really here about them from others sadly. Out of all of them, I hear of the Inheritance Cycle the most, but it's still very minimum....sadly....The last two are a bit younger of reads, but doesn't mean they still aren't great!!!

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie  (irrelavantreader) | 11 comments The Winner's Curse The Winner's Trilogy

message 35: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Archer | 15 comments Ellen Hopkins anything by this woman is underrated. These books are so fast and so good.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld

Jacob the Bookworm (jacobthebookworm) | 31 comments A List of Cages by Robin Roe

message 38: by ~Bellegirl91~ (new)

~Bellegirl91~ (bellegirl91) | 78 comments The Finisher YA series by David Baldacci. He usually writes adult suspense/thriller and I LOVE his books. He's done very few contemporary books but his Finisher books are his first ever YA fantasy and the main girl, Vega Jane is just amazing!! The third book just came out a couple of months ago and haven't read it yet but yeah. They're SOOO good!

message 39: by Nana bNana (new)

Nana bNana (nanabnana) The Tainted Accords series by Kelly St. Clare
Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords, #1) by Kelly St. Clare

message 40: by chits (new)

chits (chitxwrites) I haven't read any underrated book *sobs* *laughs*

message 41: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Jaye (valeriejaye) | 170 comments Chits wrote: "I haven't read any underrated book *sobs* *laughs*"

Hahaha, same.

message 42: by Puck (new)

Puck | 14 comments Catrina wrote: "The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld"

I LOVED The Enchanted, Catrina! (Although it broke my heart)

message 43: by Alexa (last edited May 26, 2017 01:15PM) (new)

message 45: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 67 comments I have quite a few.
1. The Kingdom Keepers series
2. The Faerie Guardian
3. The Red Pyramid (still need to finish the series). I swear, this book is just as amazing as Rick Riordan's other series, yet I feel like it gets overlooked compared to his other books
4. Cate of the Lost Colony
5. A Madness so Discreet
6. The Diabolic
7. Winterspell

message 46: by Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) (last edited May 26, 2017 03:33PM) (new)

Carrie (brightbeautifulthings) (brightbeautifulthings) | 9 comments Graceling and The Foxhole Court, for sure! I really love Whores on the Hill by Colleen Curran and The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell, and it seems like no one has ever heard of them.

message 47: by Clare (new)

Clare | 18 comments Any Melina Marchetta book, especially the Finnikin of the Rock series

message 48: by Brooke (new)

message 49: by Lily (new)

Lily (_tigerlily) Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - an incredible standalone that deserves so much more praise than it gets!!

message 50: by Tyler J (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 80 comments So many
1. Not Otherwise Specified by Hannah Moskowitz
2. Krampus the Yule Lord by Brom
3. Symbiont Seeking Symbiont by Jennifer Foehner Wells (short but I love it, and still free on Ebook)
4. The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
5. Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor
6. Chameleon Moon by RoAnna Sylver

« previous 1