Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > paperback book cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blaque (new)

Blaque Diamond (blaquediamondbooks) | 76 comments Hey everyone,
I would really appreciate some help. I am a new indie author who is blind. I lost my sight 12 years ago when I was 15, so it has been a while since I seen the back of a paperback book. What does the back of the paperback book need to include? I want my books to look as professional as possible, so I would really appreciate some suggestions. I know it has the blurb of the book and ISBN number, but does it need anything else?

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 46 comments They typically have a blurb about the book. Some books also include brief review quotes or achievements/awards the book has received.

message 3: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments You can get away with blurb and ISBN alone, but many will include a picture of the author and a short bio to the bottom left of the bar code.

message 4: by Blaque (new)

Blaque Diamond (blaquediamondbooks) | 76 comments Thanks guys.

message 5: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) It looks nice if the front cover image continues and wraps around the spine and back as one image. Create Space reserves a spot on the back lower right for the ISBN, so you don't want to print any words in that spot.