What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA? Coming of age? Teenage girl runs away from her family, set in a medieval type fantasy world

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 6 comments Read the book between 2003-2009 while in highschool.
The book was about a teenage girl (who i think was named Amber) who had run away from her mother and father after a boy assaulted her in a barn. She runs away to another town, where she is taken in by a older woman and taught magic with a few other girls, one whose name (I'm 95% sure) is called Tris.
During the book a sickness takes over the town, and the main girl is forced to help with healing and things like that.
There's also another group/coven who are made up of men, one of these boys she becomes friends with.
The book has a overall dreary feel to it, like it's set in medieval times.
The book cover that I remember was blue, with red writing and it was also not a very big book, quiet thin.

message 2: by Krista (new)

Krista | 148 comments Maybe one of the Circle of Magic books by Tamora Pierce? There's definitely a Tris, and learning magic is involved.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Here are all the books Tris is in as suggested by Krista https://www.goodreads.com/characters/...

message 4: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 6 comments Thank you for you responses! But unfortunately they're not the books. I think the one I'm looking for might be an Australian book as I've never seen it anywhere on any sites since I read it.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Charlotte, you can bump your thread every month or so. That way, more people will see it, and eventually someone will know it.

message 6: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 6 comments Hi, sorry, how do I bump it?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
That's it. Just post a comment, like you did, to bump your request. You can do this every 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information which you can add at any time.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Charlotte, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 6 comments Hi,
No. Have yet to find it despite still looking for it.

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15734 comments Maybe something by Isobelle Carmody? She's an Australian fantasy writer.

message 11: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 6 comments No it isn’t her unfortunately, had a look through what she’s written.

message 12: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15734 comments I also thought of Monica Furlong. Wise Child or Juniper?

message 13: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 6 comments No that’s not it either but thank you for trying. The girl in It I’m pretty sure was fourteen, fifteen and I remember it very clearly, the setting and the beginning but just unfortunately not the name :-/