Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Audio Group Listens > June Group Listen Nominations

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (last edited May 16, 2017 09:47PM) (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Let’s get some nominations together for June’s Group Listen. No theme this month so you may nominate whatever sounds good. One, two, three….Go!

Please note that authors may not nominate their own work.

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Hi, Mehreen. Please note that authors may not nominate their own work, but feel free to nominate something else.

message 3: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 2 comments Operation Cosmic Teapot.
Operation Cosmic Teapot

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Is this one available in audio book format, Mehreen? I looked it up and do not see that format available. If not, then it would not be eligible.

message 5: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Phelps (kl_phelps) | 160 comments No clue if this one has been done before, so forgive me if it's a repeat, but I've have the urge to reread NOS4A2 lately and perhaps instead of reading reading it, I'd give it listen instead.

message 6: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 2 comments It by Steven King, I'm sure people have read it before but I'm curious if it's going to be scarier listening to it instead.

message 7: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Phelps (kl_phelps) | 160 comments Shelby wrote: "It by Steven King, I'm sure people have read it before but I'm curious if it's going to be scarier listening to it instead."

I recently listened to It. Steven Weber does a good job narrating, but whoever did the editing needs to be slapped as they often clipped things.

message 8: by Laurie (last edited May 17, 2017 10:22AM) (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I'd second It but I *think* it was done less than six months ago. I remember waiting for it on audio and it not coming in on time for me to get in on the discussion but yet I can't find it in our previous group reads. Or my faulty memory could be totally making this all up.

I'd also like to nominate The Thicket by Joe R. Lansdale The Thicket by Joe Lansdale. It may be more mystery than horror though.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) | 31 comments I've been wanting to listen to something by Ania Ahlborn lately, because I think her writing is creepy AF. I haven't listened to any of her writing but I would like to. Two that I am thinking about are Within These Walls and The Devil Crept In. Anyone else interested?

message 10: by Greg (new)

Greg | 382 comments I'm gonna nominate Gone South Gone South by Robert McCammon by Robert McCammon again. Couldn't think of anything else at the moment. I'll post something if I do though.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Fillingame | 2 comments Anne r

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Fillingame | 2 comments Id like to nominate Anne rice, memnoch the devil

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11050 comments Mod
I want something that will scare me so bad I'd be afraid to move. I have no idea what that would be though :(

message 14: by Latasha (new)

I have Fellside I haven't listened to yet.

message 15: by Greg (new)

Greg | 382 comments Fellside was an excellent audio book.

message 16: by Latasha (new)

Glad it hear that. I loved girl with all the gifts.

message 17: by Greg (new)

Greg | 382 comments I've only watched the film version of The Girl With All the Gifts. I've been debating whether or not the start the prequel The Boy on the Bridge even though I didn't actually read the first.

message 18: by Latasha (new)

How was the movie?

message 19: by Greg (new)

Greg | 382 comments I really enjoyed it.

message 20: by Alyssa (last edited May 19, 2017 03:35PM) (new)

Alyssa | 2 comments I'd like to nominate Universal Harvester Universal Harvester by John Darnielle and/or The Disappearance at Devil's Rock Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay (if they haven't already been done, I'm fairly new to this group).

message 21: by Denise (new)

Denise (drams5) | 98 comments Greg wrote: "I really enjoyed it."

My two cents--I cared about all the characters much more in the book than the movie.

message 22: by Denise (new)

Denise (drams5) | 98 comments I have a busy couple of months, so bare that in mind, but I would eventually jump into the discussions of NOS4A2, Fellside, or The Boy on the Bridge...if anyone is still interested by the time I finally get them listened to. They're all in my library.

message 23: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 786 comments Denise wrote: "I have a busy couple of months, so bare that in mind, but I would eventually jump into the discussions of NOS4A2, Fellside, or The Boy on the Bridge...."

I would be interested in Fellside or The Boy On the Bridge, whenever you get to them but I would be reading them-I don't do well with audio anything :D

message 24: by Anne (w/ an E) (last edited May 19, 2017 05:57PM) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 786 comments Michelle wrote: "I've been wanting to listen to something by Ania Ahlborn lately, because I think her writing is creepy AF. I haven't listened to any of her writing but I would like to. Two that I am thinking about..."

I would also be interested in Within These Walls and/or The Devil Crept In, but as I mentioned before I would be reading them.

message 25: by Greg (new)

Greg | 382 comments It's not a problem at all if you decide to read instead of listen just nice to have more participants in the conversation.

message 26: by Kieron (new)

Kieron I nominate Night Watch (Watch #1) by Sergei Lukyanenko by Sergei Lukyanenko

message 27: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Let's keep those suggestions coming. I will be shutting down nominations in the next day or two and putting up the poll.

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate | 3519 comments I'm putting forward The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden

message 29: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Nominations are now closed. Poll to go live 5-23-17. Thank you for your participation and don't forget to vote!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.