Book Haven discussion

Vampires > Blue Bloods-Finished (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
If you are finished with Blue Bloods...
Talk about it here! :)

Did you like it?
What was your favorite part?
Was there something about the book that bothered you?

Feel free to talk about specifics and include spoilers! :)

message 2: by Lynda (new)

Lynda I enjoyed the book a great deal.

My favorite part was actually the discussion of the history. I liked the characters and I could sympathize with the disintegration of Blue Blood values. It happens to every culture as it integrates and loses it's identity.

I wrote a paper about the lost colony in high school, so it was fun to see an original solution to the mystery.

What didn't I like. Mainly the Forces.
I am already to start the sequel and I will order the 3rd book tomorrow.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I liked the history behind these vamps, too. I'm not sure how far this book goes so I don't want to say too much until I see more posts. I've read the first three and am eagerly awaiting the new release. The plot and characters are great in this series, but for me, the writing isn't fantastic so it kind of bums me out. I'm not sure what it is that I just can't love, but I'm certaintly going to keep reading the series.

message 4: by J.D. (new)

I found the fashion talk to be irritating, and I wanted the author to delve more fully into the plot! Everyone keeps telling me that the 2nd books is WAY better...but I havent been able to work myself up to try it yet...
I did think that the history behind the vampires was unique. I liked that Melissa de la Cruz didn't follow the normal path...

message 5: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 452 comments I really don't love this series but I do like it. For me each book seems better than the previous one. I will keep reading the series because it does peak my interest.

message 6: by J.D. (new)

I do want to know what happens...I really did think that the author had some cool ideas (sigh), I just have trouble finishing a series when I don't like the first book.

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo I read it a while back. I thought is was a really original take on the vampire genre with a really well thought out history

message 8: by Elena (new)

Elena I had around 100 pages left but I had to quit. Too much YA, high school, and fashion drama for me. I did like the flasbacks to the past, that is something different from other vampire books I have read. happens at the end.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber Downing (literati4) | 9 comments I enjoyed the book. I like to read books that have different kinds of vampires. It is what makes each book enjoyable. I will continue to read the series, but it isn't my favorite vampire series. I think the reason behind that is the high society life style. It is hard for me to connect with the book on that level.

message 10: by J.D. (new)

Amber wrote: "I enjoyed the book. I like to read books that have different kinds of vampires. It is what makes each book enjoyable. I will continue to read the series, but it isn't my favorite vampire series. I ..."

True. I like it when authors are more original with vamps. The classic vampire gets boring sometimes, and it is always a surprise when an author reaches out to try something new. :)

message 11: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) The fashion parts were quite annoying. No one cares that much what everyone is wearing do they? Maybe teens do. I don't know. lol

message 12: by Tatu (new)

Tatu (tatu_black) hmm... loved the books... hated mimi and bliss... liked ollie and jack... elvia your right about the fashion parts.. it was to much of "gossip girl" for me... in general i loved it... but i would of liked a bit more action and a little more insight on the "fallen angels" culture, which i found incredibly interesting and now im left with a desire for MORE....

anyways i think schuyler was a very interesting, strong while fragil character... btw how do you pronounce her name??? is it the same as skyler??

message 13: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) LOL Tatu!! I asked my husband and his friend how they would pronounce it and hubby said "Shooler". I figured it was Skyler since her friend called her Sky.

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo I thought it was pronounced Skyler too

message 15: by Tatu (new)

Tatu (tatu_black) haha lol.. lots of thanks elvia to you, your hubby and his friend.. lol

thanks jo!!