Christian Role-plays discussion

1x1 > Silver and Chris' Biblical Adventure

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments A time-travel adventure with Christian elements

((( Silver O. Smith - Why should I let school interrupt my  education? ))) | 6705 comments Mod
((You first?

Requirements:
PG-13
No Romance
Some Detail
Over the top details and twists are fine with me.))

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris Martin grimaced as he checked his messaging app for the sixteenth time. "Where is Silver?" he muttered under his breath. "She said she'd be here to come test out my time machine. It's been 30 minutes since she messaged me."

For a split-second, the 19-year-old wondered if she was secretly backing out. It pained him, because she was generally quite enthusiastic to join his experiments in technology.

Just then, he heard a knock on the door. Hurriedly, he turned and opened it.

((( Silver O. Smith - Why should I let school interrupt my  education? ))) | 6705 comments Mod
Silver was there, a little out of breath. "Sorry... I'm late." She said. Silver had the Nick Fury design today as she looked at him. "Really sorry."

Silver had lost track of time when she was on the bus heading here. Reading a sci-fi book like usual. She hadn't planned on reading, knowing she would have missed her stop, but there was a bad traffic jam and she was bored and she had gotten to a really good chapter. Hence, missing her stop.

Silver ended up running back down the bur route, two stops away from her intended destination.

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "It's fine, Silver," Chris smiled. "Well, you came at a good time." He grinned before unveiling the time machine itself, the labour of love he had invested in for months.

"She's a beauty." He sighed dreamily. "Put the finishing touches on her just last night."

"What do you think?" he asked Silver.

Silver whistled. "She is a beauty." Silver said, slowly walking around it. "Does it work?" She asked, still looking at the time machine. "And does it have a name?"

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "Her name's Eleanor," Chris grinned again. "You know, after the First Lady?"

His expression changed to a more confident one. "I wired the time circuits together yesterday and implemented the touchpad for typing dates in a few hours ago. I'm pretty confident it works."

He motioned for Silver to come inside the machine. Lights flickered above them, two seats were installed to one side and a metallic touchpad was at the centre of the time machine. On it were number buttons and a display screen.

"You think we should go for a little time trip?"

Silver quickly got in and nodded. "Yeah. Where to?" Silver asked, thinking. "Where can we go without messing up history too badly?" She said with a sly grin.

message 9: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "I always thought going to ancient Israel in the 1st century AD would be pretty cool. I mean, I read the Bible a lot as a kid, and I still think about what it means in my life. I've always wanted to see what Jesus did for myself. Hopefully Eleanor here can get to where we want."

He paused.

"You know the side effects of time-travel, right? Nausea, motion sickness, weightlessness..." Chris laughed. "I'm just kiddin', Silver. I wouldn't do that to you. The way Eleanor's rigged up means we should have a pleasant journey."

"It's up to you, Silver. You wanna go?"

Silver laughed and looked at him. "Side-effects or no, I'm definitely going to the Biblical times." She said with a curious smile.

Silver sat down and paused before buckling. "Shouldn't we get supplies or change our clothes? I mean, a leather jacket in Biblical times is a little out of place."

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris slapped his forehead. "I hadn't even thought about that! Good idea. Come on."

He lead Silver to his room. He grabbed a costume that he had worn to a Biblical costume party only a few months ago. "Here, grab some sandals. I got some linen robes, too. You'll need them to blend in."

The two quickly dressed and hopped into Eleanor once more.

"Right," Chris smiled. "Buckle in, hold tight, and the seatbelt sign is well and truly turned on."

Silver smiled, surprised how comfy she was in the linen robes. She quickly buckled herself and held on tightly to her seat, anxious to see where they would land. And praying that this worked and that she would be able to see Jesus.

Silver knew she would have to be careful, watching the Doctor never shutting up about it in Doctor Who kind of drilled it into her head.

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris typed in the date and location, so it read:

JUDEA, ISRAEL - 24 A.D.

He pressed the 'OK' button, and within a few seconds, Eleanor started whirring away. The lights flashed blue and white. Chris strapped into his seat.

"Here...we...go!" he shouted with glee as the machine zipped through space and time. He looked over to Silver, who smiled back at him. She seemed at ease, so he turned his thoughts towards their adventure. He honestly couldn't wait to step outside and discover ancient Israel as it looked like in Biblical times.

APPROACHING JUDEA, read the display.

With a soft thud, Eleanor came to rest. The two unbuckled their seatbelts and slowly walked out of the door.

Silver slowly got up and out. "Woah." She whispered when he eyes laid on Ancient Judea. Silver looked back at the machine, wondering if it could disguise itself which, to her relief, it did. "Looks like the Chameleon Circuit works on this time machine. The Doctor would be jealous."

message 15: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris flashed a mischievous smile. "Well, you gotta learn from the best, Silver," he laughed as the two made their way down the desert dunes.

They soon found themselves in what appeared to be a marketplace: merchants sold their wares, people bought them in what looked to be like drachmas (Greek money), and a crowd had gathered to one side.

Chris didn't need to look twice; he knew who that was speaking to the crowd.

It was Jesus Christ himself.

Of course, he couldn't exactly scream "LOOK, IT'S JESUS" because that would've been tremendously embarrassing and draw attention to himself, and no-one spoke English in Judea anyway.

So he looked at Silver and shook her shoulder with joy. "This is great!" he whispered.

"I know!" She whispered back. "Come on. Let's get closer." Silver said and, not waiting for him to answer, she walked closer to the edge of the crowd that was around Jesus. Silver was hoping that she'd be able to understand what He was saying but either way it was a blessing to be in the presence of the Son of God.

message 17: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris rushed after her. "Silver, wait!" he hissed. He caught up to her, and despite his excitement, managed to sit down.

He wasn't sure what Jesus was saying, but he gathered it was one of his parables. He liked reading them in the Bible. Someone asked him a question, and Jesus responded in another language ((not sure if it was Greek or Arabic)).

He looked around and saw someone that looked a little... off. A bearded man stared at Chris and Silver with hard blue eyes.

Silver listened to Him speak and smiled. Silver watched him for a moment and then looked at Chis, who seemed distracted. Furrowing her brow, and then looked where he was. Silver looked at the odd man up and down. "Who's he?"

message 19: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "I don't know," Chris whispered nervously. "I've never seen him before," he added.

The man didn't say anything, but he began to walk over to them menacingly.

Chris gulped. "Let's get out of here, Silver."

So saying, they walked away from the crowd as casually as they could, but the man began to follow. He pulled out a sword and ran at them.

"Run!" Chris yelled.

Silver glanced at the man and gulped when he pulled his sword. She ran fast, having worked out at the gym a couple times a week. "How do we that this isn't making us look guilty?" Silver asked, taking even breaths.

message 21: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments (Big apologies. I've been busy with university stuff, and recovering from my chest infection.)

Chris panted in between breaths, "I don't think so. He just seems to have picked us randomly! Goodness knows what we did to earn his wrath..."

The man swung his sword into the sand. It flew everywhere and caught Chris in the eyes.

"Ow!" he screamed. "Silver, help me!"

The man loomed over him. "Game over, time-travellers," he sneered.

((Hope your chest gets better and good luck with the university.))

Silver held onto Chris' shoulders. "Blink till we can get to water." Silver said calmly and the she quickly looked at the man. "W-what did you just say?" Silver asked quietly, glancing at Jesus.

message 23: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments (I'll be clear, this guy isn't Jesus: it's our story's main villain. More on him soon.)

"That's right," he said. "I said game over."

"G-game over?" Chris stammered, trying to get the sand out of his eyes and blinking furiously. "What do you mean?"

"I know you've been following me. I've jumped around space and time, and every time you've managed to show up."

"ME?" Chris yelled. "I've been following you?"

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Eric. I am the Time Disrupter."

((I know.))

Silver raised an eyebrow. "Hello Eric. What do you want?" Silver asked, her tone even. Time Disrupter? Sounds like that monk from Doctor Who. What have we gotten ourselves into now?

message 25: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris watched as Eric formed a slow grin. "It's simple. History as we know it is a little boring to me. I want to change it up a little bit."

"What's this got to do with Jesus, then?" Chris wondered. "You're not going to kill him-"

"Don't be stupid," Eric said. "Why would I do that? I'm not that desperate. I'm going to kidnap him and hold him hostage while I disappear into another time period."

"Why?" Chris asked as the sand seemed to burn his eyes.

"You ask why. I ask: why not? It's nice to be known for something... in your own time." Eric laughed maniacally as he ran towards the Son of God.

"Now what do we do?" Chris asked Silver.

Silver thought quickly. "You're supposed to be the smart one." She whispered. "Stay here." Silver quickly stood up and chased the man, hoping that Jesus knew something about this.

message 27: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris felt hurt. "I'm sorry, Silver," he said, catching up to her. "Sometimes things happen that happen beyond my control, and I get overwhelmed and..."

He was silenced by a flash of white. Eric had picked up Jesus from where he was standing and was running at a fast speed.

"Stop!" Chris shouted. "Come back!"

Eric, using a dialpad on his arm, typed in a random date and pressed a red button. A portal opened up, and before it closed, Chris and Silver grabbed onto Eric's pant leg.

The two of them screamed as they hurtled through the portal and into a place and time they didn't know.

Eleanor, Chris thought. I left her back in Judea.

He tried not to think too hard about the time machine, but he tried to be optimistic. Another portal emerged in front of them, transporting them to the Civil War in 1862.

"Oh, boy," Chris groaned.

Silver decided to wait to talk and was scared as she was hurtled through time and space. Silver landed on her stomach but quickly scrambled to her feet. "Oh shoot." Silver whispered. "Where are we?" Silver quietly asked Chris, looking for the time villain.

message 29: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "Oh, no..." Chris groaned. "We're in the American Civil War. Get down!"

The two of them ducked as bullets whizzed past their bodies. Explosions could be heard all around them, and the noise was absolutely deafening.

Meanwhile, Eric was nowhere to be seen. Chris hoped Jesus was safe, wherever He was.

"Silver, wait here. I'm gonna see where Eric is; stay here."

A Confederate soldier grabbed Chris by the arm. "What do you think you're doin', funny boy? Just wandering around a battlefield? There's a war going on, son!"

Chris didn't want to tell the soldier the truth. "Yeah, but... I'm looking for a book I lost."

The soldier looked at him like he was a lunatic. "Okay, we'll, uh... look for it then. Men, hold your fire!"

This gave Chris enough time to run around looking for his "book", but he was really looking for Eric.

Silver had huddled down once Chris had left, arms covering her head. Part of me wishes the Doctor would show up and get us out of this but I don't a talking to. I have a feeling we meet this Eric later in our time line but earlier in his. Like the Doctor and River Song. Why is this being based off of that TV show?

message 31: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments ((sorry, been really busy lately. I'm on holidays now, so I can put more time into this RP. Also, this isn't based on Doctor Who, haha. Just my imagination.))

"Come get me, you snivelling sack of beans!" Eric taunted as Chris nearly caught up to him. He cackled as he ran, but evidently he didn't see a rock protruding from the ground. Eric tripped and fell, letting Jesus run away and leaving his time travel gear all asunder.

"I just did," Chris laughed as he grabbed Eric's arm. The villain tried to wrench himself free, but it was no use; all the years of arm wrestling had gave Chris an advantage. With the other free hand, he strapped the time travel gear onto himself. He then let Eric go, smiling.

"You'll have all the time to yourself," he laughed. He left behind a screaming Eric, and looked back to see a soldier leading him to a prisoner of war camp.

"Well, Jesus and Silver, guess we'd better go." He typed in JUDEA, 24 AD on the time travel device on his belt. Grabbing Silver and Jesus with both hands, he closed his eyes and felt himself be transported back.

((You're fine. Could you let me be able to let Silver help?))

Silver held tightly to his hand as they went back.

message 33: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments ((True, that. Write as you wish.))

((Alright.))

They arrived back, just outside the place they first appeared. "Well that was fun." Silver muttered before glancing at Jesus and then blushing with embarrassment. She looked away, unable to speak. We just got Jesus Christ back with a Time Meddler. Wow that's interesting.

message 35: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments ((Don't really have an excuse here, got a little bored of this, coupled with being unsure how to continue this. I'm back now and ready to go.))

Chris could only stare at Silver and then bring his eyes to a slow blink.
"Silver, did-did we really do this? Travel back in time to rescue Jesus Christ Himself? Crazy!" He grinned. "I'd do it again, though."
He turned serious. "What do you think we should do now?"

((Alright. Let me know if you ever want to stop this.))

Silver looked at him and laughed. Chris turning serious made her laugh even harder. "Find our time machine? That sounds like a good idea."

message 37: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "You're right, Silver," said Chris. He suddenly remembered he'd set the machine to make itself invisible whenever its occupants left it. "Dang it, Chris!" he exclaimed. "Trust me to make time-travelling a confusing ordeal." He knew that if they wandered aimlessly, people would think they were crazy. He couldn't bear to think that.
He tried to think rationally, but his stressed mind was not cooperating. Then he, quite literally, walked into the solution to the problem.
While the time machine was invisible, it still retained its physical form. So he banged into it. "My head...." he groaned. "Well, Silver, at least we found it."

Silver covered her mouth to keep from laughing. "You okay?" Silver asked. She pressed her hand against the invisible time machine, her mind racing. "How much would it take to damage this? Like how much force can it take against it?"

message 39: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris slowly got up. "I'm fine," he said, rubbing his head just to make sure. "Brain seems to be normal, memory is fine." He considered Silver's questions and answered.
"Well, it has to withstand incredible forces to travel through time. There is no limit to the forces it can take against it, so it's virtually indestructible. It would only be destructible if you removed the time circuits, meaning it'd be useless. I mean, actually removing them is hard work, so I think we're good."
He then turned around to Silver and smiled. "Where would you like to go next, madame?"

Silver smiled. "Hmm. There are some really depressing places I want to visit but I don't think that's good for anyone's health. So...How about...London?" She offered with a shrug. "Victorian Era?"

message 41: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "Victorian era, hmm? I guess I could accommodate for that. Always been interested in what people looked like back then and thought about. Let's do it!"
((should we split this into another thread, or what?))

((No. We stay on the same thread.))

Silver smiled. "Cool!" She felt around for the door a moment and then smiled when she found it. "Eureka." Silver muttered, opening and entering the machine.

message 43: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris, feeling chivalrous, entered after Silver. The two buckled their belts. Chris entered the date and place (1890, London), and the two took off, leaving Jesus with His disciples.

When they eventually reached London, they found that an odd-looking spaceship rested close by. An older man and a younger man stepped out of the ship.
"Damn it, Morty!" the older man said. "We're in the wrong time period! We were supposed to be in 1970s San Fransisco, Morty. We were going to meet Clint Eastwood, you know Dirty Harry, Morty?"

"Calm down Rick," said Morty in exasperation. "I-I think we can input the date and time again-"
Rick looked upset. "It should've worked the first time, Morty. You know how hard it is to get back on course when you've landed in the wrong place, Morty?" There was a silence.

"Um," Chris said, breaking it. "Can we help you?" He glanced at Silver and wondered what she was thinking.

Silver slowly stepped out, still in her Biblical clothing. She looked at the two, wary. Silver glanced at Chris and shrugged. 'Friend of fiend?' She mouthed to him before looking at the two men.

message 45: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments "I have no idea," Chris mouthed back. He went over to talk to them.
"Hey, uh, need some help?" he asked.
Rick glared. "I think we're good on our own, pal," he said dismissively.
"Well, Rick was trying to get to the 1970s and, well, he accidentally pressed the 1890s by accident," Morty explained.
"Morty, don't worry about it, we'll get back eventually... I mean, technically, it's the future for people in the 1890s... heh," said Rick.

Then, out of the corner of Rick's eye, a strange man lumbered past the time-travellers with what looked like a corpse of some sort.
"Morty," whispered Rick, "I think that's Jack the Ripper."
Time, for a second, stopped. Chris was worried, but he tried to act brave. The man continued his way without looking at anyone.
Chris wanted desperately to help Rick and Morty, but he also knew Jack the Ripper was not to be messed with.
"Silver, your thoughts?" he asked.

Silver's face hardened. "Leave this Rick and Morty alone. They seem to know a lot more on this time thing than we do and Jack doesn't target men." She said her face paling a moment. "It's up to you if you want to stay or go. If we do stay. Don't you dare leave my side." Silver answered, hissing the last part.

message 47: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris looked at Silver in a way he hoped was reassuring. "Don't worry, I won't leave you. You're a good friend of mine, and you know what they say. Friends stick together."

"Uh, also," Rick interjected, "you might need some Victorian-era clothing. Luckily, I got a clothing gun with me that automatically clothes people in time period-appropriate clothing. You might wanna close your eyes."

ZAP! When Chris and Silver opened their eyes, they looked down to see their Biblical clothes gone (they were automatically put in the time machine) and replaced with Victorian-era clothes. Chris was dressed in a black suit, top hat and monocle. ((I'll let you decide what Silver will be dressed in.))

"Charming," smiled Chris. "No problem," Rick grinned. "Now, Morty, reactivate the time circuits. Type in 1970, then SAN FRANSISCO. Got it, Morty?"
"Yeah, Rick, got it," said Morty.

"Come on, Silver, let's catch a killer," Chris said with purpose.

(( Here: (http://complete-costumes.co.uk/fancy-...) ))

Silver wore a blue Victorian dress with a matching umbrella. "Thank you." She said to the two men and then faced Chris. "Oh, this shall be a swell time." She said in a poor English accent. "Let's hope we catch him first."

message 49: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Greenwood | 55 comments Chris attempted a British accent as well. "What a spiffing dress you have, my friend! Why, yes, we shall attempt to catch this villainous soul before he takes the life of another innocent victim."

Rick and Morty, satisfied, created a portal, went into their ship, which zoomed into the portal and into another dimension. The green portal then disappeared.

The two set off for the streets of London, in an attempt to find any clues that would lead them to Jack.
Chris glanced at Silver. "I'll protect you," he said.

Silver laughed at Chris' accent and she linked her arm through his. "And likewise my dear friend." She said smoothly.

« previous 1 3