books turned into films discussion

books into movie general > Book or Movie/TV first

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you read the book first or do you do it the other way round or do you mix it up?

Me personally I prefer to read the book first, most of the time they screw things up in the movies or tv series. I'm currently reading the Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisburger which most of you would know is a pretty popular movie. I saw the movie first (have seen it a number of times) and now i'm struggling to read the book. Guess i just can't do it that way round.

Anyways just curious to see what you guys do?

message 2: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i try and read the book 1st but sumtimes i dont actually no that a film i like is a book so it just depends

message 3: by madison (new)

madison (HBmadison) | 4 comments Yeah, the same here. But if I know that a movie is a book, I make sure to read first. Otherwise you visualize the characters differently.

message 4: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 47 comments i definately read the book first

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo I prefer to read the book first because it gives me the chance to use my imagination and then i can compare my imagination version to the visual version. Also there always seems to be more detail in the books that the shows miss out

message 6: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 47 comments yeah. true true

message 7: by Mahogany (new)

Mahogany (MahoganyMiller) | 2 comments something i don't know that there is a movie that to a book and other times a don't know that there is a book to a movie

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber Climo | 1 comments I have to read the book first. If i see the movie first, it is way harder to read the actual book then.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Caswell | 3 comments It no longer matters which I do first: read it or watch it. It used to be that I would love the first medium I was exposed to, book or film, but over the years I've finally been able to adapt my thinking to evaluate each medium on its own merit. There are things that make a good film just as there are things that make a book worth reading. I admit, I still get heated when directors change my favorite part in a novel or leave something out that I consider important, but after my initial anger I can re-evaluate it.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) I try to read the book first before watching the movie/show. The only ones I haven't read the books before watching the movie were The Devil Wears Prada, Marley and Me, P.S I Love You, Dear John, and Twilight (but mostly because I didn't know they were books first), oh and Harry Potter. I think that's it....