Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Friend's of Margaret you MUST go to Margaret's blog, good news!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 114 comments I heard about the good news, too! :-)

Thanks for posting this, Kate! Take a look everyone! :-D

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
Hey. I'm pretty pathetic right now so this won't be long. It took us two years to conceive as I went months on end with out ovulation. I'll give you the long pregnancy story another time with the ups and downs. About the birth... I never felt any contractions for the first stage of labor at all. I went to an OB appointment (37 wks 5 days) and was 5 cm so they decided to send me across the street. They said they would see if I progressed with a little pitocin. I was terrified, because I have heard nothing but pain stories from pitocin. At 11 AM they started me on a pitocin drip and at 10 PM I was just 5 1/2 cm and still felt nothing. She broke my water and then hours later at 1 AM I started to feel contractions. At this point they were a minute to a minute and a half apart, I felt nothing up to this point at all. I was miserable this whole hour and then the nurse started having me push at 3 AM immediately paged the OB and after FOUR pushes Charlotte came literally flying out. There apparently was quite the surprise that I went with only four pushes and how forcefully she came out and that I had no pain meds with the pitocin to boot. Now for the rough part... I have a 2nd degree laceration tear and lost major amounts of blood. Charlotte was fine and health with apgars of 7 and 9. I however still look sallow and was only permitted discharge over a day and some after Charlotte was ready to go. I am home now, but pretty achey and beat up. This is where Daniel's current situation of jobless-ness is paying off because he is the best help ever for this really tired wife.

message 3: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 3 comments Congratulations Margaret! Charlotte is a beauty!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments Yep, I agree with all of the comments above. Adorable.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

:)

message 6: by Margaret (new)

:) Thanks. Sorry my blog has not been very busy of late. Little preoccupied with a little spider monkey. :)