YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Mister Moneybags
This topic is about Mister Moneybags
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward - Start Date: April 29th 2017

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments I met Bianca in an elevator.
She was on her way to interview me when we got stuck.
The beautiful, raven-haired reporter assumed I was a delivery guy because of the way I was dressed.
She had no clue I was really Dex Truitt, the wealthy, successful businessman she’d dubbed “Mister Moneybags”—her afternoon appointment.
Bianca told me how much she hated Dex’s type—snobby, over educated, silver- spooned men who didn't appreciate the simple things in life.
So, after the elevator finally started moving again, I cancelled the interview and let her believe I was someone I wasn’t—a bike messenger named Jay. I loved the way she looked at the fake me and didn't want it to end.
I began dating her as “Jay”—all the while letting her interview the real me over email.
I didn’t expect that our chemistry online would be just as hot.
I didn’t expect the mess I’d gotten myself into.
I didn’t expect that Jay and Dex would fall in love with her.
And she was falling for two men.
Only, both men were me.
And when she found out, we were both going to lose her.
Nothing could have prepared me for that day. And I certainly wasn't prepared for what came after.
All good things must come to an end, right?
Except our ending was one I didn't see coming.

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Buddy reading with Rachmi and I'm starting early :P

Rachmi  | 4945 comments When will you start it?

Hopefully I can catch you up sooner than later. I cannot wait to read it :P

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments I'm starting today. I'm itching to read it :))) LOL!

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Hahaha, if I didn't start Windwitch last night, I might reading it now. How are you liking it so far?

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments So far it's good :) A funny start btw :P

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Chapter 1-2 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Finished my reading last night. So I can start this book today! Maybe later in the afternoon or evening though :)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Chapter 3-7 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 1-2 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 1-2 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Chapter 8 - 12 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 1-2 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 8 - 12 Man, he just dug a hole so deep. He can bury himself with lies and I think he just need to tell the truth.
It's eating him alive and I know it's going to hurt Bianca.

I know Bianca..."

(view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 8 - 12 Man, he just dug a hole so deep. He can bury himself with lies and I think he just need to tell the truth.
It's eating him alive and I know it's going to hurt Bianca..."

(view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Chapter 13 - 18 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 8 - 12 Man, he just dug a hole so deep. He can bury himself with lies and I think he just need to tell the truth.
It's eating him alive and I know it's going..."

(view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 8 - 12 Man, he just dug a hole so deep. He can bury himself with lies and I think he just need to tell the truth.
It's eating him alive and ..."

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 13 - 18 At this point it's slightly getting better. Dex acknowledging he's wrong and feels guilty about it. As much as possible he bares his real self. Oh geez, I hope he stays that way be..."

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 20, (view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 13 - 18 At this point it's slightly getting better. Dex acknowledging he's wrong and feels guilty about it. As much as possible he bares his real self. Oh geez, I hope he s..."

(view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 20, [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 20, [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Chapter 19 - 26 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Chapter 19 - 26 These revelations.. SO. MUCH. SCREWED. UP. DRAMA.. "

Drama...drama...drama! Basically that last 30% of the books are full of drama, it's pretty clear what the result will be though :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments So I finished it! It didn't as good as Egomaniac. And I think eventually I can guess who wrote which past, but I did enjoy some part of the story :)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Rachmi wrote: "So I finished it! It didn't as good as Egomaniac. And I think eventually I can guess who wrote which past, but I did enjoy some part of the story :)"

I gave it 3 stars too! Supposedly it's 2.5 because the drama is a meh and it's predictable but I had a good laugh on the innuendos. haha

I think the dramatic side goes on (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "So I finished it! It didn't as good as Egomaniac. And I think eventually I can guess who wrote which past, but I did enjoy some part of the story :)"

I gave it 3 stars too! Supposed..."

I was thinking to gave it 2.5 too! And maybe round up to 3 but then as you said I had good laugh too. So it's a 3 in the end :) I also don't mind with drama, but in this book it's just too predictable it felt dragging and boring (view spoiler)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic (beatricemasalunga) | 4991 comments Rachmi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "So I finished it! It didn't as good as Egomaniac. And I think eventually I can guess who wrote which past, but I did enjoy some part of the story :)"

I gave it 3 st..."

The drama made my eyes roll tbh and I agree with you about (view spoiler)