Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's july reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments a few good mysteries and a lot of fluff. i love summer!
the neighbor- lisa gardner- will probably make my top 10 . every time i thought i knew who did what to whom, gardner threw in a curve ball.
run before the wind- stuart woods- an older book by woods- quick read
best friends forever- jennifer weiner- really liked this one.
the love of her life- harriet evans (eh)
love stories in this town- amanda eyre ward- short,unrelated stories about love and life- not all with happy endings. the second part was a series of related short storis that i'd love to see as a book.
the devil's punchbowl- greg iles- definitely will make my top 10.
there's something about st. tropez- elizabeth adler- total fluff
last light over carolina- mary alice monroe-i really like monroe's books
twenties girl- sophie kinsella- more fluff. kinsella writes silly, fun books.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Sherry:
I am really looking forward to the new Iles book, The Devil's Punchbowl!!

Sherry wrote: "a few good mysteries and a lot of fluff. i love summer!
the neighbor- lisa gardner- will probably make my top 10 . every time i thought i knew who did what to whom, gardner threw in a curve ball.... the devil's punchbowl- greg iles- definitely will make my top 10.
..."

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments Ann wrote: "Sherry:
I am really looking forward to the new Iles book, The Devil's Punchbowl!!

i hope you like it as much as i did. the subject matter (evil gamblers, dog fighting, and other things i won't mention) isn't for the faint hearted, but i love the way iles writes and i really like penn cage.

message 4: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Sherry wrote: "a few good mysteries and a lot of fluff. i love summer!
the neighbor- lisa gardner- will probably make my top 10 . every time i thought i knew who did what to whom, gardner threw in a curve ball.
..."

I have The Neighbor on reserve at the library. Looking forward to reading it.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Sherry:
I really like the character of Penn Cage too!! I hadn't paid that much attention to what The Devil's Punchbowl is about, it sounds pretty exciting in a non-faint-hearted way! :)

Sherry wrote: "i hope you like it as much as i did. the subject matter (evil gamblers, dog fighting, and other things i won't mention) isn't for the faint hearted, but i love the way iles writes and i really like penn cage."

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7907 comments Sherry wrote: "i hope you like it as much as i did. the subject matter (evil gamblers, dog fighting, and other things i won't mention) isn't for the faint hearted, but i love the way iles writes and i really like penn cage. ..."

Ooh, I didn't realize that Penn Cage was the lead in The Devil's Punchbowl. If I don't have it on my library queue already it's going there now!