Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > First Sentences

Comments Showing 1-50 of 419 (419 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments Act like you are starting a story and write the very first sentence. You don't have to actually use it, this is just for fun!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Somedays I wish I could just melt into the floor, like today, for instance.

message 3: by Catie (new)

Catie  | 243 comments 2. I wish I wasn't immortal.

message 4: by Athena (new)

Athena 3. I wished I could dissapear right there and then.

message 5: by Tia Todd (last edited Aug 01, 2009 03:29PM) (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) 4. Whatever it is, it exists, or has existed at one time...perhaps...and I have proof.

message 6: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments 4. As cliche as it is, I think the sky is falling.

message 7: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) Ilana wrote: "4. As cliche as it is, I think the sky is falling."

((I like that one!))

message 8: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments Tia Todd wrote: "Ilana wrote: "4. As cliche as it is, I think the sky is falling."

((I like that one!))"

((Thanks!))

message 9: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 7 comments The cappucino colored sky gently illuminates the streets through my window.

message 10: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) The world can only throw so much at you.

message 11: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 58 comments what the heck??? you deleted like 100 first sentences!!! I liked those!!! >:(

message 12: by Kelsey (last edited Aug 02, 2009 06:28PM) (new)

Kelsey At that very moment I felt so helpless, as if I were pinned to the ground in the path of a ravaging tornado.

message 13: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments Angel♥ wrote: "what the heck??? you deleted like 100 first sentences!!! I liked those!!! >:("

Sorry, next time I will keep them, but there were too many old posts and it was topic clean-up day...

By the way people, we were numbering the sentences, so please start with 8 next time.

Sorry again. :/

message 14: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey ((Sorry about the numbering thing))

message 15: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments Kelsey (♥Vampire Princess♥) wrote: "((Sorry about the numbering thing))"

((That's okay. :) I don't think you started it, I just don't want it to get to cluttered.))

message 16: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (( =D okie dokie! ))

message 17: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments 8. "I don't believe those stories anymore!"

message 18: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) 11. No matter how I've been raised to choose wisely, I just know the first boyfriend I end up with will be an abusive psychopath who is "too old" for me.

message 19: by Kelsey (last edited Sep 01, 2009 02:18PM) (new)

Kelsey 12. That morning I awoke only to stare right into the eyes of my soon to be killer.

(I think I will use this for my '09 NaNoWriMo)

message 20: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments 13. I dove into the cold ocean as the waves came crashing towards the shore. (Possibly my NaNoNovel '09 first sentence!)

message 21: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) 14. I'm twisted, there's no way to get around that...but he did.

message 22: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments 15. I would never have seen them there if I had not been hiding just like they were, but for a very different reason.

message 23: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) 16. It was that kind of thing where he was obviously into himself and obviously always right, and you wanted more than anything to prove to him that you would never be interested, but you couldn't because--once again--he was right.

message 24: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss 17. My eyes scanned the familiar cemetery for the last time.

message 25: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) ((good one, Celia!))

18. I knew it was in vain, but I chased him, and was a huge mistake, no matter how beautiful he is...er, was.

message 26: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss 19. There are several way to live a life, no matter how long it lasts.

message 27: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Lux in Tenebris (Celia) wrote: "19. There are several way to live a life, no matter how long it lasts."

((good one!))

message 28: by Ilana (new)

Ilana (ilanashayn) | 313 comments 21. I met him at the art museum and he seemed almost like he should be on display instead of walking around, breathing and alive.

message 29: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 58 comments 22. I wished the world would be peaceful, but this, is not what I had in mind.

message 30: by Catie (new)

Catie  | 243 comments 23.I felt as if I had no emotions.

message 31: by Nada (new)

Nada | 19 comments 24. From where I stood, the snowy landscape looked so peaceful and pure, but as for those on the other side of the window...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

25. Alas, sweet solitude, so often taken for granted yet so near impossible to gain.

message 33: by Kriss (last edited Aug 04, 2009 09:11AM) (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
25. Lips parted in a silent scream, one that would never reach the air around her, lidded eyes parted from there slumbering state, and soon lips twisted into a smile as if amused by it all by, by waking each morning only to stare wide-eyed into the darkness of night.

message 34: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) Kriss wrote: "25. Lips parted in a silent scream, one that would never reach the air around her, lidded eyes parted from there slumbering state, and soon lips twisted into a smile as if amused by it all by, by w..."

((WHOA!))

26. Not even the most caffeinated Mountain Dew in the world--in fact, not even a Rock Star--could have lifted my spirits as I gazed into those cold, empty eyes, wishing more than anything that she was dead, and nothing worse.

message 35: by Kriss (new)

Lol Tia))

message 36: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss ((Ditto XD))

message 37: by Kriss (new)

XD))

message 38: by Kriss (new)

28. Some people go there whole lives without really seeing the stars, with only seeing the shadows of night that crawl along the edges of camp-fires like primeval beasts, they never stop to notice the beauty of the night, never stop to think of it as the reflection of day, as the shadow of light.

message 39: by Aysha (new)

Aysha (ayshabkhan) 29. My mother used to write poetry, too, they tell me.

message 40: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) 30. The best and worst days of my life were one and the same.

message 41: by Kriss (last edited Aug 04, 2009 08:43PM) (new)

32. She had noticed something the night he died, she noticed that no one gave you a choice to live, and she noticed that no one asked you if you are ready to die.

33. I knew from the first moment i layed eyes on him that i would love him till the day I died, it turns out the day I died I knew that was a lie.

message 42: by Kriss (new)

“What fun is heaven,” He asked, grinning like a cat—slow and sadistic, “Without a little bit of hell?”

message 43: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) ((ooh, nice one, Kriss!))
35. It all started out with an egg, much like this one; glistening golden with brown-gold wings:

message 44: by Acacia (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) 36. "Maggie!" I shouted. "The kitchen table tried to kill me again!"

message 45: by Kriss (new)

For forms stood in the moonlight, mere shadows against the darker contrast of the night, and as she watched with a sickening feeling they started to talk, voices so smooth and velveteen she became mesmerized.
(thanks!)

message 46: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments 37. I honestly couldn’t even tell you why I liked him.

message 47: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) 38. I really didn't want him to say it, but it was too late...and of course my cringing wasn't doing anything to stifle the look of adoration in his beautiful green eyes as he held me in his strong, warm arms and told me the words I had yet again failed to rid myself of hearing come out of such a wonderful man's mouth: "I love you."

message 48: by Kriss (new)

Tia Todd wrote: "38. I really didn't want him to say it, but it was too late...and of course my cringing wasn't doing anything to stifle the look of adoration in his beautiful green eyes as he held me in his strong..."

(i like that one, its really good ^^)

message 49: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) ((thanks!))

message 50: by Tia Todd (new)

Tia Todd StJohn (firedancer) Acacia wrote: "36. "Maggie!" I shouted. "The kitchen table tried to kill me again!""

((LOL XD))

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.