Impiger Scriptor und Arbiter/Ne Parcas Nec Spernas! discussion

Need help writing a book? > Ideas (Things to think about, or to inspire a story)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kbhill) | 14 comments What would a world be like with no color? Because technically, black, gray and white are colors. Could you see at all?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, you would see darkness, because black is not a color but the lack thereof, as is a black hole.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kbhill) | 14 comments I agree with you about the black hole, but black IS a color. Black is the result of all the colors combined. Haven't you ever taken as black permanent marker, and used it to see different colors run? Even if that weren't true, I still believe it to be a color.

And what you speak of is the absence of light, not color.

Now, I could be completely wrong, but this is where I stand on the issue.

you make a good point though.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Without color there would be well nothing, umm... so I don't really know. Maybe all that there is, is just the color white, or maybe blue yeah it is probably blue.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kbhill) | 14 comments Anyway, new idea: If you changed the shape of the earth from a sphere to a cube, how would life change?

I asked Adriana this and she went on and on about it. I can't honestly remember what she said, though, because we had this conversation an like 2 in the morning.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Well for one thing there would be four poles. Nevertheless I don't think it would affect much other than the shape of the earth, except that when you reached one of the edges of the cube where two sides meet, it would appear as if you were looking down into a vast abyss or chasm, but when you finally decided to jump over the edge you would all of a sudden fall flat on your side onto what had just a moment ago been the side of the abyss lol. It would be pretty fun wouldn't it? =).

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kbhill) | 14 comments What about society? How would people's cultures change with the edges of the earth reachable. Could you sit on the edges?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Easy because the planet's gravity is pulling you towards the center of the planet. I'm not sure that they would really change at all. Yes, at least I think you would be able to, it might make your stomach upset though.

message 9: by Stefan (new)

Stefan (do-i-have-to-have-one) | 12 comments I like the color blue. And red, red is definitely up there. Green is awesome too, and brown with a mix of a bronzeish tint is definitely a must.