Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Series Discussions > Skulduggery Pleasant

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I just finished Skulduggery Pleasant (a few minutes ago actually) and I wanted to let everyone know how much of a fun book it was. If you haven't read it I would encourage you to do so :) It's great for kids too - if they liked Harry Potter they would probably like this one too as they are about the same age appropriateness & deal in a world of magic & adventure.

If you have read it I'd love to hear what your thoughts are. I'll probably be reading books 2 & 3 in the series this month sometime and will be working very hard to convince my 10-year-old to read them next as well :)

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I'm happy to hear that the book is good! I'm looking forward to reading it more now, but I am surprised to hear that it's appropriate for such a young age group. Is it classified as young adult, childrens, or both? I'll have to check again. But, I'm still looking forwrd to it. :)

message 3: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I would classify it the same as the later Harry Potter books - they get pretty violent for children's books. There are lots of reviews saying they recommend it for 12 year olds - is that young adult or childrens or something inbetween? I can never tell anymore.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Yeah, I guess it's more of a personal preference. I'll try to find the book so we can compare notes :)