Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Zee Old Stuff! Archived > #2 Contest - Congrats Amanda!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Aug 28, 2009 04:47PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Yes you read it right, Another Contest!!

This contest will be running throughout the entire month of August to promote our August Group Reads!

What will I be winning?
A book of your choice from your TBR pile. Yes you read this right! YOUR CHOICE!
**Note: This book must be available to get within reason, obviously if its out of print and I need to purchase it from ebay for 200 bucks because its so rare then I won't be able to do that! lol

What do I need to do in order to be eligable?
Easy! We have TWO group reads for the month of August. Read both of these books in the month of August and then write a review about them! Your review can be here on Goodreads or a personal blog, as long as the review is written!
Note: If the review is written on a blog or outside of Goodreads you must provide a link to the review for us to verify.

Keep in mind, you have the entire month of August to do this in, and even if you don't like the book thats ok! Your review can be good or bad, after all no one is expecting you to love every book! Right? :D

How do I enter?!
Once you meet the requirements just post here to let us know! (with the link of your review if its outside of Goodreads)

How will you be doing the entries?
Easy! As long as you meet the requirements listed above, you will be entered to win! If there are more then one (which I hope there will be!) then I will use a random number generator to assign the winner! (with each entry given a number)

Eligible Entries:
Sarah
Amanda

message 2: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Excellent idea Tricia! I love that it's focused on the group reads.

message 3: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Great! I love that the instructions are detailed =D hehe.

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Thanks you two :) I am hoping people will enjoy the new additions to the group!

I plan to do stuff like this often throughout the year.

message 5: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Great Tricia! I've read one of the books already (The Rest Falls Away) so I'll need to check out the other one. Thanks!

message 6: by Sarah (last edited Aug 07, 2009 11:11AM) (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Here's my review for Edge of Hunger:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/....

and here's one for A Rush of Wings:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/....

message 7: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Woot thank you :D Awesome reviews btw!

message 8: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Oops, read the September group read. Doh! Does Lover Avenged count as one of the August reads? If not, I need to get on one of the others.

message 9: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Aug 17, 2009 01:23PM) (new)

Hmm well I guess technically there are 3 for August arent there!?

We are doing away with the Series read (August being the last month) since we had a lack of interest according to the chatter.

However, since August IS the last month I WILL accept 2 out of the three listed.

So here are the three August reads:

A Rush of Wings

Edge Of Hunger

Lover Avenged

I will accept 2 out of the three listed! Come September we will be down to 2 monthly group reads :)

I am sorry about the confusion! Sometimes I forget you guys are not in our heads hehe.

message 10: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Thanks Tricia! Got Rush of Wings on hold at library. Surprise trip to beach this weekend for my birthday, so I'll have plenty of time to get in some reading!

message 11: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments P.S- I feel dumb I couldn't tell the difference between August book read and September book read. Ha!

message 12: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I edited my post, please reread it Amanda! Lover Avenged IS eligible!

message 13: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Yay! Thanks!

message 14: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Sometimes I forget you guys are not in our heads hehe.
LOL!

I didn't have A rush of Wings on my TBR pile OR Lover Avenged. I did read the MGR though. Thanks guys for taking time to participate!!!

message 15: by AmandaG (last edited Aug 28, 2009 08:10AM) (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments I feel like an idiot because I don't know how to properly link to my review.

Rush of Wings:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Lover Avenged:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

ETA: I figured it out!

message 16: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Aug 28, 2009 04:48PM) (new)

Thanks Amanda!

Only a couple more days left! No one else wants a free book?!

message 17: by ♦Jennifer♦ (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments Ohh, this looks so cool. I only wish that I started in the group sooner so that I could've given it a go.I can't wait to get started on next months books, so that I can get a chance to win. ;)

message 18: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

We plan to do contests often, the goal I think is one a month (this month we kicked off with two hehe).

message 19: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Last day to get your review links in for this contest!

I may wait a few months to hold another if we dont have that much interest in the contests - I might make a poll so check for that.

message 20: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Sep 01, 2009 09:08AM) (new)

Random number generator chooses you Amanda! (it had a super hard time what with the whole 2 numbers! /cackles!)

Congrats! Please send me a PM with your address and the book on your TBR pile that you wish to have :)

I hope in the future we have more participants!

message 21: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (bookhuntress) | 84 comments Congrats Amanda... *sighs jealously*

Oh and I will SO be there in the future - free books?? what's to think about? Heck, free anything and I am there!!!

;)

message 22: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Hehe I hope so! :D

message 23: by ♦Jennifer♦ (last edited Sep 01, 2009 12:08PM) (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments Jennifer wrote: "Congrats Amanda... *sighs jealously*

Oh and I will SO be there in the future - free books?? what's to think about? Heck, free anything and I am there!!!

;)"

Ditto, free sounds good to me as well ;) Congratulations Amanda! :D

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Congrats, Amanda! Pick a good one!

message 25: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

No rush or anything but I havent received your email Amanda! I want to make sure Goodreads messages arent bugging.

message 26: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Ack! I've been crazy busy and didn't even realize I'd won!!! Yay! I will send PM now. Thanks!!!

message 27: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Got my book yesterday! Thank you Tricia!