Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author Corrections needed

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda  | 5 comments I just joined this group so I could suggest a few corrections/updates; I hope this is the right place to post this.

The book entitled Robert Fulton Boy Craftsman has the author listed incorrectly. The book is by Marguerite Henry

message 2: by Linda (last edited Aug 01, 2009 12:48PM) (new)

Linda  | 5 comments Here's another book that could be listed better, isbn # 0961095407, currently listed on GR under the title Life without Fear by Dalton.

The correct title is: Handguns and Self Defense: "Life Without Fear" and the authors are Mike Dalton and Mickey Fowler. Amazon's listing displays the book cover.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda  | 5 comments Wow, that was done fast! Thanks Abigail.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7024 comments Linda

I m not seeing a picture for that ISBN on amazon.com or amazon.co.uk

Can you post a link to the picture please

Paula

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 35282 comments Mod
Found one at B&N.

message 6: by Melody (last edited Aug 12, 2009 06:47AM) (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13236 comments Here's an author listing that could use a lot of work: etc

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Already a perpetual member of the Sisyphus list.

message 8: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 15 comments I just found that there are several book entries on Goodreads which are not connected to the author page for T. Coraghessan Boyle nor to the many other books which he has written. I did an edit on the book info and put a comment on the page there but I'vm not sure if that is what I should have done and so am asking here as well. I tried changing the author name but then it still came up not connected/combined. I'll hope someone can locate these and get the two versions of Boyle and all the books under one unbrella. THANKS to all for everything you do -- I try to help rather than create more problems and so do very little most of the time other than tidy up small typos and such but I know many of you are doing a great deal here. It is appreciated.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I think I got them, Dottie. FYI, putting a comment down there will only be see if someone edits that particular book.

message 10: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 15 comments One day when I have time I'll read up on the librarian info which I haven't done for quite some time and then I'll feel more capable. Thanks for fixing this one, Rivka.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 72 comments http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...
Some of the listings are probably legit, but there are also editions of books like Ramona and Henry & Mudge.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Thanks. Added to the Sisyphean list.