Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Off-Topic > For Jayda

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Jayda are you going to finish the next chapter of Alive anytime soon? I am dying of suspense.

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments ME TOO!!! I look practically every day to see if there's anything new.

message 3: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
Hehe, aw! That makes me so happy! =P You have no idea how happy!

As far as posting the next chapter... I'm not sure that I will. I really want to, because feedback has been so good, but then what's the good in publishing if you guys have read the entire book, anyway, you know? ^^ I'll probably post the next chapter but then after that who knows? I'm about halfway through writing chapter eight (I've been SO busy this past week!) but I don't know when I'll be able to finish writing it :)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Okay, I guess I can understand that ;)
Hey, can you (being the creater of this group) delete members?

message 5: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Yes, I can. Are you talking about Davis, by any chance?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayda wrote: "Hehe, aw! That makes me so happy! =P You have no idea how happy!

As far as posting the next chapter... I'm not sure that I will. I really want to, because feedback has been so good, but then wha..."

Plz post at least 1 more chapter or I'm going to die!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It'll be awesome if you get it published! Pretty soon your going to be a famous author and all of us here on Goodreads will be able to say "We've talked to her!" I am so excited for you!

message 8: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments that would be cool!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayda wrote: "Yes, I can. Are you talking about Davis, by any chance?"

maybe..... I did like that not conversation so I left it...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah Could you plz block davis from our group?

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily Like now?

message 12: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Harward Please.

~Maddy

message 13: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments That would be nice.

message 14: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Excellent, you guys can't handle any adversity.

message 15: by Halley (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 103 comments :P

message 16: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

You guys haven't seen how bad Davis can really be, from what I've read. I'm trying to come up with a solution right now to the issues on both sides :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayda wrote: "You guys haven't seen how bad Davis can really be, from what I've read. I'm trying to come up with a solution right now to the issues on both sides :)"

Okay

message 18: by Gen (new)

Gen (gensanders) Jayda wrote: "You guys haven't seen how bad Davis can really be, from what I've read. I'm trying to come up with a solution right now to the issues on both sides :)"

Jayda, From an adult perspective... This group is about clean books for Mormon teenagers. If someone does not support what this group is about, and trying to antagonize other members, they should not be able to participate. Plain and simple.

message 19: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

That is very true, Gen. Good point :) He's agreed to leave in a few days and then it'll be back to normal, right?

message 20: by Gen (last edited Aug 03, 2009 10:47AM) (new)

Gen (gensanders) Sometimes, the best way to deal with a bully is to ignore them. So, if he starts back up, I believe that we should just ignore him!

By the way, I am proud of you guys!!!

message 21: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

That's what I've told people - if they're going to get annoyed then just don't read his posts and respond to them. It'll just make matters worse.

Why are you proud, dear? :)

message 22: by Gen (new)

Gen (gensanders) I didn't realize how strong some mormon teenagers really are - in the gospel. Keep it up! Speaking of strength, maybe we should pray for Davis.

message 23: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Thanks! It's nice to meet good, strong teenaged members. I don't have very many I'm close with in my ward at the moment, so it's cool to see them here! ^^

Haha xD He won't like that if he reads this.

message 24: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Pray for me all you want, it will do no good. If my immortal soul is doomed for not believing in your particular cult, then I'm ready to burn in hell. I will NOT spend my life being a slave to a system I hate.

message 25: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

You don't have to :) That's the cool thing about being able to choose, isn't it? ^^

message 26: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) It just hurts me to see essentially good people wasting their life slaving away to a broken system, hating homosexuals, etc.

message 27: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Davis, please just stop. You're not convincing anyone, especially with those kind of comments that can be taken as offensive.

message 28: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Does your church not support No on Prop 8?

message 29: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I don't care what your opinion is, I said stop, Davis. Please, just stop attacking our church. It's our religion, this is a PRO-Mormon group, so please stop.

message 30: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Jayda, to be fair, stating the truth can't be called attacking can it?

message 31: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Yes, it actually can, considering the ways you can say it may vary.

message 32: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Jayda, the truth cannot be an insult, it's the truth. It is what it is.

message 33: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

The truth can definitely be insulting. It doesn't matter that "it is what it is" - it can still be insulting. Like, if someone got an ugly haircut. If I walk up to them and say "Your hair is ugly" - wouldn't that be an insult, despite the truth?

message 34: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) Uh, no it's the truth. Just like the fact that your church is supporting the people who want to make homosexuals miserable 2nd class human beings.

message 35: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

But it's still insulting to the person, no matter how truthful it is!

Just stop Davis. Don't make me say it again, please.

message 36: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

That post is getting deleted, considering I've asked you to stop saying things like that more than once.

message 37: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Hi Jayda!!
How's soccer going?

message 38: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hey :)

Hehe, I don't play soccer, my cousin Audrey does ^^
But I'm doing pretty well... I wish I could play soccer, though x.x

message 39: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Oh! I'm sorry! I thought you had said you had practice and were super tired. Wow. I feel really bad now. I am really sorry. I know, soccer is a lot of fun, but not for me. Volly Ball!!
So how's writing going? And school?

message 40: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Sorry my computer won't let me comment on off topic> off topic so I'm putting it here, okie dokie? Soo this is in reply to Jayda's last comment...

Go Jayda! I’m sure it was the right decision if you prayed about it. I’m guessing it still hurts but I’m glad you found what is more important in your life. And it’s not guys yet lol (:

message 41: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Lindsey - :) Thanks. Well, guys ARE pretty important to me! ;D Haha. But not more important then friends. And, of course I kind of regret it, but I think I always will. Partially because he was the first for me for certain things. But he's still going to be a great friend, and who knows? Maybe we just weren't meant for each other yet. Maybe he has to go on a mission first. Maybe we're soulmates and that's why Heavenly Father did this ;) Just have to keep positive!

message 42: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 774 comments Definitely (: