Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > Demon's Librarian - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
Discussions of The Demon's Librarian by Lilith Saintcrow.

Feel free to discuss any part of the book in this thread :)

message 2: by Shanon (new)

I finished the book this morning and I was actually wishing there was another book. The story was wrapped up nicely so it's not a matter of NEEDING more but I thing Chess and Ryan are great characters with lots of spunk. I loved their friendly teasing in the Epilogue.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (thehopelessbibliophile) Hi Shanon,

I just finished this book last night. It's definitely not a favorite - probably the only scene I loved was the last chapter where Chess saved Ryan from fading (and all of the creative threats she made toward Shelton). Other than that, though, this was one of those books I could do without. Saintcrow spent too much time writing about Ryan's insecurity and his "instincts" instead of actually furthering the plot, IMO. I think if the book had been longer, Saintcrow would have been able to develop the characters and the storyline a bit more thoroughly.

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) I finally finished this book. I liked it. I would call it paranormal romance. I think the world is so much like the watcher world, I wonder if it is in the same world at a earlier time. Santiago city was it, wasnt' that in watcher and valentine books?

Lily

message 5: by Shanon (new)

The whole thing reminded me of the Watcher series too Lily. Not in a bad way, but definately along the same lines.